resignations

  • kattmann
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2003
      Well,,as a friend of this organization it is good to see the weaker ones
      bail out early. It seems to me speaking from my view, that the
      organization as a whole is a good thing and it will stand the test of
      time. Now it seems we have all the things needed to get the ball
      rolling, ie..an agenda., a group of people who agree with the agenda and
      a goal. Yes I am also a Libertarian Party member here in New Mexico. I
      see we do need to focus on some of the details of the agenda,,ie what
      state to move to and what are the good and bad points of each state
      considered. Most of the states on the list are northern tier states and
      have very severe weather in the winter, and the job markets in these
      states are mostly in the service sector, or farm labor, there is some
      light manufacturing industry in those states but not requiring alot of
      help right now. I have thought of ways to bring both the FSP people to
      the state in question and where will these people find good jobs, poor
      people can't afford to give money to political organizations, people
      with safe secure and good paying jobs can. Now we need a job for our
      people, could there be a way to setup a real company that will provide
      jobs for our members. Computer systems assembly and or something like
      that would be good. We do have people of education and people with
      technical skills within our organization can we not get together and
      come up with a way to give our migrating members a means to survive once
      they get to the state selected. The present jobs available in the states
      suggested are very much limited so we ariving with 20,000 people would
      absorb all the available jobs.. And as I said before most of those jobs
      are minimum wage type jobs. Now we must consider the housing that is
      available for our people, can we find a home for all our people or are
      they on their own in this department as well. Are most of the members
      willing to give up their present homes and move to Montana? Is another
      question to present to all members.
      Maybe I sound a bit negitive about it, but,,yes there is always a "but"
      we must consider these things. Are the members who work in office type
      jobs ready to become a farm hand or a truck driver or work at McDonalds?
      Well I will stop asking questions and post this.Let me know if there are
      any viable solutions to these problems. Thanks,,,Rick
    • Gary Shumway
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 14, 2003
        Rick,
        Very valid questions and I've also been mulling the job situation over.
        First, the states on top of my list will be states in which I think I have a
        reasonable chance of being employed. Granted I can always do more than one
        type of job but when you've spent most of your life training and gaining
        experience in a particular field it would seem foolish to throw all that
        away and start over flipping burgers in your mid-fifties. That is a
        concern.
        Second, due to financial commitments, I cannot long remain unemployed and
        would move out of the state if I couldn't obtain financial remuneration (in
        fact I may not move in until I had a job lined up). I will not become
        bankrupt just to live in the chosen state. If that's a problem for anyone,
        then please take note of the mistletoe hanging on my coat tail. If I had to
        move out of the chosen state, I would obviously still work politically to
        forward liberty in whatever state I resided.
        I agree that poor people have limited funds to contribute to the Project so
        some of us may have to reside out-of-state yet send contributions to the
        chosen state. I suspect there is also the possibility of having multiple
        domiciles and residing in the chosen state long enough each year to vote in
        it (as well as be active politically of course).
        There's a number of options open to us but I suspect that for most of us,
        abject poverty and/or living off others (Government) is not a viable
        one..I'd say that kinda defeats the purpose.
        Gary

        >From: kattmann <horndog@...>
        >To: "fourcornersporcupines@yahoogroups.com"
        ><fourcornersporcupines@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [fourcornersporcupines] resignations
        >Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 00:01:16 -0600
        >
        >Well,,as a friend of this organization it is good to see the weaker ones
        >bail out early. It seems to me speaking from my view, that the
        >organization as a whole is a good thing and it will stand the test of
        >time. Now it seems we have all the things needed to get the ball
        >rolling, ie..an agenda., a group of people who agree with the agenda and
        >a goal. Yes I am also a Libertarian Party member here in New Mexico. I
        >see we do need to focus on some of the details of the agenda,,ie what
        >state to move to and what are the good and bad points of each state
        >considered. Most of the states on the list are northern tier states and
        >have very severe weather in the winter, and the job markets in these
        >states are mostly in the service sector, or farm labor, there is some
        >light manufacturing industry in those states but not requiring alot of
        >help right now. I have thought of ways to bring both the FSP people to
        >the state in question and where will these people find good jobs, poor
        >people can't afford to give money to political organizations, people
        >with safe secure and good paying jobs can. Now we need a job for our
        >people, could there be a way to setup a real company that will provide
        >jobs for our members. Computer systems assembly and or something like
        >that would be good. We do have people of education and people with
        >technical skills within our organization can we not get together and
        >come up with a way to give our migrating members a means to survive once
        >they get to the state selected. The present jobs available in the states
        >suggested are very much limited so we ariving with 20,000 people would
        >absorb all the available jobs.. And as I said before most of those jobs
        >are minimum wage type jobs. Now we must consider the housing that is
        >available for our people, can we find a home for all our people or are
        >they on their own in this department as well. Are most of the members
        >willing to give up their present homes and move to Montana? Is another
        >question to present to all members.
        >Maybe I sound a bit negitive about it, but,,yes there is always a "but"
        >we must consider these things. Are the members who work in office type
        >jobs ready to become a farm hand or a truck driver or work at McDonalds?
        >Well I will stop asking questions and post this.Let me know if there are
        >any viable solutions to these problems. Thanks,,,Rick

      • Craig Wright
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14, 2003
          Two words, New Hampshire. :) The weather isn't any better, but the job
          market is better than almost anywhere in the country.

          -Craig.

          On Monday, July 14, 2003, at 12:01 AM, kattmann wrote:

          > Well,,as a friend of this organization it is good to see the weaker
          > ones
          > bail out early. It seems to me speaking from my view, that the
          > organization as a whole is a good thing and it will stand the test of
          > time. Now it seems we have all the things needed to get the ball
          > rolling, ie..an agenda., a group of people who agree with the agenda
          > and
          > a goal. Yes I am also a Libertarian Party member here in New Mexico. I
          > see we do need to focus on some of the details of the agenda,,ie what
          > state to move to and what are the good and bad points of each state
          > considered. Most of the states on the list are northern tier states and
          > have very severe weather in the winter, and the job markets in these
          > states are mostly in the service sector, or farm labor, there is some
          > light manufacturing industry in those states but not requiring alot of
          > help right now. I have thought of ways to bring both the FSP people to
          > the state in question and where will these people find good jobs, poor
          > people can't afford to give money to political organizations, people
          > with safe secure and good paying jobs can. Now we need a job for our
          > people, could there be a way to setup a real company that will provide
          > jobs for our members. Computer systems assembly and or something like
          > that would be good. We do have people of education and people with
          > technical skills within our organization can we not get together and
          > come up with a way to give our migrating members a means to survive
          > once
          > they get to the state selected. The present jobs available in the
          > states
          > suggested are very much limited so we ariving with 20,000 people would
          > absorb all the available jobs.. And as I said before most of those jobs
          > are minimum wage type jobs. Now we must consider the housing that is
          > available for our people, can we find a home for all our people or are
          > they on their own in this department as well. Are most of the members
          > willing to give up their present homes and move to Montana? Is another
          > question to present to all members.
          > Maybe I sound a bit negitive about it, but,,yes there is always a "but"
          > we must consider these things. Are the members who work in office type
          > jobs ready to become a farm hand or a truck driver or work at
          > McDonalds?
          > Well I will stop asking questions and post this.Let me know if there
          > are
          > any viable solutions to these problems. Thanks,,,Rick

          <image.tiff>

        • Gary Shumway
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 14, 2003
            agreed