Opportunities at Paper Plane

  • Sandeep Gupta
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2006

      Please go through the below given mails

      REgds

      Sandeep

      Hi All,

      We are looking at hiring two distinct profiles to join our team:

      a.) Web/ GUI Designer (Full-Time)
      b.) Flash Designer with extensive action-scripting skills (Freelance/
      Contract Basis)

      Please refer to the details of each of the profiles below:
      Web/ GUI Designer

      Paper Plane is looking for an experienced Web/GUI Designer to join our
      design team in Mumbai. Paper Plane is a leading experience and
      interaction design firm with an unrelenting focus on cutting edge
      design techniques and standards used to build interfaces. We rely
      heavily on understanding and addressing user needs through the
      lifecycle of each engagement and provide value to our clients by
      helping them create usable, functional and adaptive interfaces to
      enhance the online experience.

      You will work as a valued member of a team dedicated to ensuring that
      our client sites meet the highest design, quality and content
      standards. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team that
      develops and manages websites for large brands in India. Paper Plane
      also has secure engagements with leading products and services
      companies in the US and UK, and is making a concerted attempt to
      increase its global presence.

      You must also have a keen interest to research & learn new, or
      re-emerging technologies like AJAX, Python, Ruby, Ruby-on-Rails, and
      other Web2.0 languages that facilitate improved interface design. We
      will expect you to continually evolve new interaction and design
      techniques that create significant value for our clients.

      Required Qualification/ Skills Sets

      - A degree or diploma in web/multimedia/ graphic design or
      design-related field is an asset
      - Minimum of 2-3 years experience in website interface design/development.
      - Flash with action scripting skills
      - Extensive knowledge DHTML, HTML, XHTML, _JavaScript, and CSS
      - Well-versed with Dreamweaver/ Adobe Go Live, Adobe Photoshop, Flash
      and other design tools
      - Experience working with existing _JavaScript/ ASP.NET code and
      building accessible websites is an asset
      - Solid understanding of browser compatibility issues.
      - Knowledge of implementing W3C web standards and specifications is an
      asset
      - Knowledge of commonly used User Experience patterns, concepts,
      practices, and procedures
      - Comfortable working in a Mac environment
      - The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively to bring
      projects to completion
      - Excellent communication skills and attention to detail

      Activities/ Responsibilities
      - Developing cutting-edge, interactive websites and web applications.
      - Developing mockups, wire frames and be involved in rapid
      prototyping and iterative design
      Freelance Flash designer with extensive action-scripting skills:

      An urgent requirement for an experienced flash designer who has
      extensive experience in developing interactives. Experience with
      working in the e-learning space is an asset.

      Please send your application, including a CV, relevant samples of
      work,and/or on-line portfolio, to jobs@paperplane. net

      Thanks,

      Sunit Singh
      Paper Plane