Training question

  • Bernie
    Message 1 of 4 , May 11, 2012
      Does anyone know if there will there be an arena curling ice making classes this year?
    • Nick Kitinski
      Message 2 of 4 , May 12, 2012
        Have not heard anything, but we could always ask USCA for one if there is enough interest.
        Nick

        Does anyone know if there will there be an arena curling ice making classes this year?

      • r a
        Message 3 of 4 , May 12, 2012
          In the GNCC we hosted an an arena icemakers clinic last June at the Traingle CC in North Carolina.  Sue Mitchell and myself were asked to take over as the GNCC grassroots co-chairs just a few months ago and at this point I am planning to have a very interactive type training in August 2013 at the GNCC Jr. Camp hosted by the Bucks County Curling Club, just north of Philadelphia.

          Rich Ashford
          GNCC Grassroots co-chair

          Message 4 of 4 , May 14, 2012
            Hi Bernie,

            I will be looking into scheduling arena ice making clinics for the summer/fall in the next few weeks. We offered a single clinic in the Midwest last season and hope there is enough interest for at least two this season. Information will be posted to this discussion board, as well as the USA Curling website, once a course has been scheduled.

            Please feel free to contact me directly by email or through our toll free number, 1(888) 287-5377 ext. 203, if you have specific questions or recommendations for a host site.

            Regards,

            Kim Nawyn
            USA Curling, Growth & Development Manager