Re: Simbi

  • nganga.ventana
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 7, 2006
      Kiambote.

      Hello to everyone here. This is my first post as I have just joined
      this list.

      I cannot speak for Haitian traditions as I know very little about them
      but I'd like to add that in the religion that I follow, Mayombe -
      Vititi Congo, the collection of water related Simbi are sometimes
      referred to as fish-like. This is largely in response to their
      double-evolved nature (they are said to have transformed twice) and
      hence have forms that are more minimal / less humanlike. The 'swimming
      creature' analogy, be it a water snake or a fish, suits them well.

      Tony.

      -- In arealvoodooclub@yahoogroups.com, "racine_sans_bout"
      <racine_sans_bout@...> wrote:

      > --- In arealvoodooclub@yahoogroups.com, "Darlene" <undeadgurl@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Simbi is in fact symbolized by a fish in ancient Haitian Vodou.
      >

      > When, and where in Haiti, have you seen Simbi
      > represented as a fish? La Sirene, yes, at
      > one Sanpwel peristyle at least; but I have
      > never, anywhere in Haiti, seen Simbi represented
      > as a fish. I do not think this is true.
      >
      > Peace and love,
      >
      > Mambo Racine

    • vodou_a_gogo
      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 7, 2006
        --- In arealvoodooclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dylan Nathair"
        <houngantim@...> wrote:

        > Kevin:
        >
        > >I was given a Met Tet Reading and Simbi Makaya is indeed my Met Tet
        > >and has been with me from childhood.
        >
        > That's just it. You can't do a Met Tet reading. There is a very
        > specific ritual that occurs during the kanzo, in the djevo. While
        > Simbi Makaya might be your met tet -- there is no way to know for
        > certain.
        >
        > >>I have dreamed of him numberous times.<<
        >
        > Dreaming of a Lwa isn't "proof" that this lwa is your lwa met tet. I
        > have kanzoed many people who entered the djevo "knowing" who their
        > met tet is and left the djevo knowing something very different. If
        > you feel Simbi Makaya is with you, that's GREAT! He very well could
        > be your met tet. I am only suggesting that a "reading" will NOT
        > reveal this kind of thing to you. And anyone who tells you otherwise
        > is trying to scam you out of your money. Nevertheless, it's very
        > possiable that Simbi Makaya walks with you. So, it will never hurt
        > to serve him. Good luck with that. Hollar if you have any questions.

        Hi Houngan Tim

        It seems that this poor person was told more from a bogus reading than
        was mentioned on this forum.

        You and I have both spoken with many people who have been scammed this
        way. After they have spent a considerable amount of time serving the
        supposed mét têt they are emotionally shocked and upset when they
        discover the truth. From a spiritual and psychological stand point, it
        is of utmost importance to get mét têts correct!

        Now lets look at this.
        ````````````````````````````
        From: "Kevin" <mutant_dream@...> Date: Thu Apr 6, 2006 5:38 pm
        Subject: Greetings from Boise Idaho

        Greetings, my name is Kevin and I am working with Houngan Steve who
        lives in California. I recently recieved a met tet reading and found
        out Simbi Makaya is in my head and that I am on point with Agwe also
        that Bosou(3 horned bull) and Ogoun(the Two-Way Ogoun, I can't
        remember how to spell his name, its like Du Mon Ya) are supporters(?)
        of me and my Met Tet. I am looking forward to Kanzo in 2007 in Haiti.
        I am very happy to be part of this group and learning from such
        wonderful people. -Kevin
        ````````````````````````````

        So when the inaccuracies are uncovered eventually when this poor
        person finds out that the Mcroots without Mcends society is headed by
        an uneducated fraud who cannot do mét têt readings by a white carved
        candle for $51 US, then he is not only dealing with (perhaps) Simbi
        Makaya not being his mét têt, but also dealing with the fact that he
        is not "on the point of Agwe"(sic), nor (perhaps) Ogoun Demanyè, nor
        Bosou Ashade, Bosou Dlo, Bosou Gidi Gidi Bozaka Welo,Bosou Kelen·ndjo,
        Bosou Konblanmen, Bosou N'Toro, Bosou Sousaflè Vodoun, Bosou Twa Kòn,
        Bosou Wawe.

        The poor darling didn't mention which Bosou, so perhaps he wasn't
        told, which is also very negligent on behalf of the person doing a
        shonky reading as there are many aspects to Bosou.

        Lets hope Kathy isn't too off her face on pot,absinthe and a cocktail
        of alcohol (when this person is in her Mcdjevo), as she could easily
        forget what McHoungan Steve has rigged up already for this mét têt via
        his $51 US reading. Perhaps Steve can write it on a sticky note for
        her to stick to her forehead so she doesn't forget. Mind you she'd
        probably try to roll a joint in it - lol

        Love Domino xxx
      • Kevin Wikse
        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 8, 2006
          Well again I would like to thank Tim and now Domino for their heartfelt concern over my well being and my passage into Voudo. Their objections have been noted and I have considered their advice in the way that these things go. As for my Lwa and my experiences, I don't need much help in decoding what they mean, its all been pretty clear to me long before I really had much knowledge of Mambo Racine or Houngan Steve.

          Houngan Steve had uncanny understanding of what my experiences where about and was able to tell me things that I hadn't told him, much like these Lwa suggested he would. Its cut and dry from here where I stand.

          If you need to feel bad for me then feel bad, or riddicule me like then please again feel free to do so, or do anything about it that you wish, my descision to be and go where I go is my own and I have been helped along the way and to where I have come and I would not abandon that. Outside of anything else I have written here is now only the business of myself and my Pappa and his House.

          I would ask that Tim and Domino not use my name in their slander and hate campaign against anyone, my words are not for your mud-slinging, I will ask nicely once, this is that time. Please respect that.

          I am not interested in trading insults or bashing, I am interested in progressing, you may disagree how I choose but its again my choice no matter how awful you feel it is, I have made it.

          So thank you again for your concerns, but they are no longer needed and past this not apperciated.

          Please take care of yoruselves, God and the Lwa be with you and do great things with your time around on this earth. Blessings.

          -Kevin

        • racine_sans_bout
          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 8, 2006
            --- In arealvoodooclub@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Wikse
            <mutant_dream@...> wrote:

            > Well again I would like to thank Tim and now Domino for their
            heartfelt concern over my well being and my passage into Voudo.
            Their objections have been noted and I have considered their advice
            in the way that these things go. As for my Lwa and my experiences, I
            don't need much help in decoding what they mean, its all been pretty
            clear to me long before I really had much knowledge of Mambo Racine
            or Houngan Steve.

            > Houngan Steve had uncanny understanding of what my experiences
            where about and was able to tell me things that I hadn't told him,
            much like these Lwa suggested he would. Its cut and dry from here
            where I stand.

            > If you need to feel bad for me then feel bad, or riddicule me
            like then please again feel free to do so, or do anything about it
            that you wish, my descision to be and go where I go is my own and I
            have been helped along the way and to where I have come and I would
            not abandon that. Outside of anything else I have written here is
            now only the business of myself and my Pappa and his House.

            > I would ask that Tim and Domino not use my name in their slander
            and hate campaign against anyone, my words are not for your mud-
            slinging, I will ask nicely once, this is that time. Please respect
            that.

            > I am not interested in trading insults or bashing, I am
            interested in progressing, you may disagree how I choose but its
            again my choice no matter how awful you feel it is, I have made it.

            > So thank you again for your concerns, but they are no longer
            needed and past this not apperciated.

            > Please take care of yoruselves, God and the Lwa be with you and
            do great things with your time around on this earth. Blessings.

            > -Kevin

            AYIBOBO!

            Good for you, Kevin, continue to think independantly,
            you have my respect.

            Peace and love,

            Mambo Racine
          • vodou_a_gogo
            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 8, 2006
              wrote:

              > Well again I would like to thank Tim and now Domino for their
              heartfelt concern over my well being and my passage into Voudo. Their
              objections have been noted and I have considered their advice in the
              way that these things go.

              That's good to hear Kevin

              > If you need to feel bad for me then feel bad, or riddicule me like
              then please again feel free to do so,

              Why would we ridicule you? That's a bit harsh Kevin.
              I endeavour to help people that have been swayed by well known charlatons.

              > I would ask that Tim and Domino not use my name in their slander
              and hate campaign against anyone, my words are not for your
              mud-slinging, I will ask nicely once, this is that time. Please
              respect that.

              I do not have hate campaign, and I feel Kevin you use these words
              without thinking about their actual meaning.

              RANH has evidence a mile high regarding Kathy Grey's activities, sent
              in by Haitiens, ex-initiates, members of her "house", well regarded
              Houngans and Mambos, victims, etc

              So if you feel that all their seperate accounts of physical,
              psychological and spiritual abuse need not be given a second thought,
              then I would ask that you look deeper into that heart of yours

              > I am not interested in trading insults or bashing, I am interested
              in progressing, you may disagree how I choose but its again my choice
              no matter how awful you feel it is, I have made it.

              Kevin as I've said, all we can do is advise and warn.
              Please don't assume that we are into "trading insults or bashing"(sic)you

              Again I feel you have judged rather quickly before knowing the
              entirety of the situation

              > Please take care of yoruselves, God and the Lwa be with you and do
              great things with your time around on this earth. Blessings.

              > -Kevin

              The same applies to you Kevin
              Take Care
              Domino