Oct. 4, 2008

  • hellodanaq
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 24, 2008
      Greetings unto Ardanroe,
      i have been told that as of now, there have been no bids for
      Fall Coronation. Due to the foresight of our last Seneschale
      we do have Lake Bisteneau reserved. Medb and Avice have agreed
      be the Event Steward (Autocrat) and Cook (Feastacrat) if the
      rest of us can be worker bees. Do we have enough people interested
      in hosting this event that can work, do we need to invite another
      Shire or even a Household to join in. Do we call around and
      offer the site and us back off.
      Yes i know we have a shing-dig in November but there is still 56 days
      inbetween the two.
      There is also the chance that we may be able to get the Minden site
      with the two halls and lots of cabins.
      Think it over, let us bat around ideas on our list and then we can
      vote on it will clear heads.
      Lay on
      dana q
    • Sarah L.
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 24, 2008
        Wow, Dana.  You're psychic.  Less than 24 hours ago I made the statement that "surely if we haven't heard anything, a bid must have been received...."

        When we were discussing Coronation bids at a recent event, Crown List, I believe, Father Gilbert expressed that Loch Bais would not be able to host that particular event on their own, but would be willing to help another group.  While it's not uncommon to offer a fundraiser lunch to another group at all- what about seeing if another group such as Loch Bais would take all of the meals with the exception of feast?  Of course, our folks would still pitch in, but it might help spread the burden out.  As far as money goes- we could let them know what our bid's budget for those meals was set at, and possibly offer them a portion of our share of the event proceeds (25%, maybe?  Maybe half?)

        I know I've said it once- and I'll go ahead and say it again at the risk of being a skipping record.  I am trepadacious about us putting in a bid on a big event all on our own (or mostly on our own).  We have a lot of Ardanroe involved in the entourage- and we don't know yet what Their Majesties have in mind for their step down.  Many of Marshin Fayne are entourage this reign, and are likely going to be spending most of Coronation, wherever it is,  helping Their Majesties (and then partying with Their Excellencies, I bet!).  We've long relied on them as a part of our workforce- but we probably won't have them so much this time around.   So- can we get creative with some of our staff recruitment ideas?

        As far as offering the site goes- might try SGB, if we went that route, but our immediate neighbors have already said 'no' when it was being discussed at Crown.

        Sarah

        On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 1:33 PM, hellodanaq <hellodana@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Duggar, David
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 24, 2008

          Dana

          When I made inquiries at Spring Crown List (and possibly at Swamp Romp too – seems so long ago), this is what I learned:

          Blackwood (Monroe) – Wedding that weekend that many of the members are involved with.

          Small Gray Bear (Little Rock) – Too close to Diamond Wars so was not bidding on that one. Was looking at Crown List (Seneschal had a task force investigating).

          Loch Bais (Natchitoches) – Too close to Halloween Havoc (or Havoc) so were not bidding on that one.

          Vogelburg (Alexandria) – I kept forgetting to ask them (but they did have Slay the Dragon 30 days before) and I do not recall now if they did have any conflicts for bidding.

          Rory

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 24, 2008

            I can bring the ladder … and help at Troll; or almost any other I-can-sit-down-to-do-it job.  I’ll will need some picture taking time, though.

            Ibrahim/Leonard

[...]

            Checked by AVG.

          • Staycy
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 24, 2008
              I could assist anyone else with Children's activities, I just can't run
              it. I need to be able to put Alexi to nap if he startes acting teen-
              agerish ; )

              Hesper
            • Ricky & Beth Kilburn
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 24, 2008
                Hi. We do not YET have personas, so... I'm Beth Kilburn (Melisant's
                nephew's wife)(he is in Iraq) - a newbie who hasn't been able to do
                much YET. I have a question: What are Diamond War and Slay the
                Dragon? They sound like fun. Have any of you attended either of those
                events. What was your impression? Anyone have tips on picking
                personas? We have a good idea of preferred period & origin. We & our
                3 kids have very little to no garb. Are there any places we should or
                should NOT get period stuff from?
                Beth

                --- In ardanroe@yahoogroups.com, "Duggar, David" <ddugga@...> wrote:

                > Dana
                >

                > When I made inquiries at Spring Crown List (and possibly at Swamp
                Romp
                > too - seems so long ago), this is what I learned:
                >

                > Blackwood (Monroe) - Wedding that weekend that many of the members
                are
                > involved with.
                >

                > Small Gray Bear (Little Rock) - Too close to Diamond Wars so was not
                > bidding on that one. Was looking at Crown List (Seneschal had a task
                > force investigating).
                >

                > Loch Bais (Natchitoches) - Too close to Halloween Havoc (or Havoc)
                so
                > were not bidding on that one.
                >

                > Vogelburg (Alexandria) - I kept forgetting to ask them (but they did
                > have Slay the Dragon 30 days before) and I do not recall now if
                they did
                > have any conflicts for bidding.
                >

                > Rory
                >

                > ________________________________

              • James Chicory
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 24, 2008
                  Just for giggles can we get a list of Kingdom level events that we have hosted in the last 5 years.  I know that we can pull of a stunning event, i just fear that we wont be concentrating on things in the shire that we need to be working on, mostly nap time.

                  James

                  --
                  In cauda venenum
                • KaylaNBran@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 25, 2008
                    Olaf and I should be able to help.

                    Melisant

                  • Duggar, David
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 25, 2008

                      Upper Level Events Hosted by Ardanroe

                      1985-2008

                      23 Years

                      10/12/1985      Ardanroe                                  Fall Crown List             Kingdom of Meridies

                      1/30/1993        Ardanroe                                  Meridian Heraldic Symposium  Kingdom of Meridies

                      10/16/1993      Ardanroe                                  Fall Crown List             Kingdom of Meridies

                      5/13/1995 (first)           Ardanroe                                  Warlord Tournament    Region of Gleann Abhann

                      9/9/1995                      Ardanroe/Troll Fen                   Fall Coronation             Kingdom of Meridies

                      2/10/1996 (first)           Ardanroe (w Winter Wonders X)         Arts & Sciences Faire   Region of Gleann Abhann

                      3/15/1997        Ardanroe/Grey Niche               Gulf Wars VI                Kingdom of Meridies

                      9/20/1997        Ardanroe (w St Basils XIV)      Gleann Abhann All-Thing          Region of Gleann Abhann

                      5/1/1999                      Ardanroe                                  Spring Crown List        Kingdom of Meridies

                      4/20/2002        Ardanroe                                  Fighter Collegium          Principality of Gleann Abhann

                      5/15/2004        Ardanroe/Talondale                  Coronet Investiture       Principality of Gleann Abhann

                      4/9/2005                      Ardanroe                                  Coronet Investiture       Principality of Gleann Abhann

                      12/3/2005 (first)           Ardanroe                                  Fighter Collegium          Kingdom of Gleann Abhann

                      11/17/20          07        Ardanroe                                  Crown Tournament       Kingdom of Gleann Abhann

                      *1985 was the first year Ardanroe hosted an upper-level event.

                      Rory

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 25, 2008

                        It's crazy, it's insane, it's...it's...I like it.

                        Just one question though, will it affect the funding for the November event?

                        Lorccan