WANTED: DEPUTY TO LOCAL CHATELAINE’S OFFICER

  • Duggar, David
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2013

      WANTED: DEPUTY TO LOCAL CHATELAINE’S OFFICER

      Due to a lot of work travel Skallagrímr needs a deputy for the Chatelaine’s office.

      Purpose of the Chatelaine’s office (from the Kingdom Chatelaine’s page of the Kingdom’s website):

      In the Middle Ages, the term chatelaine or castellan referred to the commander of the castle. The feminine form, chatelaine was the woman who supervised its daily function and kept the keys. Frequently, she was in charge of hospitality to guests. In Gleann Abhann, we use the term chatelain to refer to the officer who assists newcomers in their efforts to find a place within the Society for Creative Anachronism. Some kingdoms use the term hospitaller instead of chatelain(e).

      Gleann Abhann has a Chatelain’s Handbook, Gleann Abhann Chatelaine Handbook (134.8 KB), located in the Chatelaine’s folder of the Library on the Kingdom website.

      For more information about the Chatelaine position, contact Skallagrímr or Kendra (our Seneschal, who happens to be the Kingdom’s Chatelaine).