GA A&S Roadshow & The GA Symposium

  • James Aulds
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2013

      Good Afternoon!

      On June 1st at the GA Symposium in Ardanroe (Shreveport) we will have the first of the summer's A&S Roadshows as mentioned in the event flyer ( ardanroe.org/gasymposium ).

      For those of you who remember this from various locations Roadshows were held at last year, The Roadshow is a opportunity for arts and science artisans to come and show off what they have been working on in any stage of completion.

      To put it in simplistic terms, this is an opportunity for "Show and Tell" as well as to display your creativity and skills and get real time face to face feedback in a non competitive atmosphere, to see what others are working on, and to learn.

      The format is easy! We will have an area near the classes with tables for people to display their work, or sit with their work and answer questions and discuss their Art or Science. If you are going to be busy with classes all day, you can just set it out and we will have people monitoring the area, or come and tell us about your project or projects.

      No Score Sheets, this is not a scored competition, its a place and time for people to get together with their projects and ask questions or show what they do so that everyone has a opportunity to learn.  If you would like written feedback, providing a notebook or pad with your work will help us know that you would like us to leave you notes.

      If you have a large project, please try to bring your own table, but we will have some available.

      Please bring any documentation you have (optional) and a name card that tells what the project is and who is working on it.

      We will start set up at 8am when registration for the event opens.

      If you have any questions, please feel free to ask your local member of the Silver Lamp or Minister of A&S.

      This will not the the only A&S ROADSHOW of the year, please stay tuned for announcements from the North, East, and South for more this summer in the run up to KA&S at Kings Arrow

      Baron James ens les Breres

      Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
      -NASA in 1965