Tartan Festival

  • ibriham2000
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
      Since my Brother and his wife are coming to town Friday or Saturday, Avalina and I will not be able to help out at the Fest after all.

      If they get here Friday, and want to, we will come to the Fest as paying visitors, so can help out that way at least.

      Ebrahim/Leonard
    • Kendra Dey
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 8, 2013
        So the Tartan Festival was over. I wanted to start a good discussion of what was good and what was bad. If you weren't there, you missed a great time.

        Kendra
      • robertwelch3553
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 8, 2013
          We need more fighters, and more "shows" for the fighting field, that isn't just fighting. Rapier would be nice, but so would belly dancing and European dance. We could have held a crowd all day, had we had all day activity.

          Jera and her drop spindle was awesome. Very visual, she attracted many curious onlookers, with whom she could then discuss who we are and what we do. Do we have anymore crafts among our group that are as visual? That can be seen and recognized from 5 feet away.

          I was thinking I might bring the A frame next time as a second tent. It could be our private area, and give more space to the main tent for display.

          More banners! Having the two Ardanroe banners were great visual noise, but what if we had 10 banners on poles, that could be our list field poles?

          Skallagrim
          Sent from my iPhone

          On Apr 8, 2013, at 7:06 AM, Kendra Dey <dey.kendra@...> wrote:

          So the Tartan Festival was over. I wanted to start a good discussion of what was good and what was bad. If you weren't there, you missed a great time.

          Kendra

        • John Higginbotham
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 8, 2013
            For a major demo (all day) we could have period games for children, maybe a scroll coloring/painting area where children and adults could do a scroll (pre-printed) as a take away.  Displaying personal heraldry might also be nice,  We could even do a create your own arms and blazon them for people.

            Gilbert

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 8, 2013
               Maybe I've been given disinformation : I have a gonfalon with my blazon on it, but I was told I couldn't fly it....

              Godric/ M. Gullett

              • hellodana@juno.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 8, 2013
                  As this is the Tartan Festival they should be asked before any of our great dancers went out. Father Gilberts ideas are spot on i think and i am totaly in love with the banners flying. i liked going to the Festival and i think it will help us in the long run.
                  As to Betty Virgina Park... A+ all around.
                  dq
                  How to Sleep Like a Rock
                  http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5162f20fcb9f3720f7732st02vuc
                • Kendra Dey