Heraldic News

  • Duggar, David
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2012

      Items registered in the January LoAR published February 29, 2012:

      GLEANN ABHANN

      Gleann Abhann, Kingdom of. Order name Order of the Black Banner (see PENDS for other order names).

      Gleann Abhann, Kingdom of. Order name Order of the Queens Silver Blade and badge association. Per pale gules and sable, two rapiers in saltire Or, overall a ram's head couped argent.

      Submitted as Order of the Queen's Silver Blade, the use of an apostrophe in possessives is post period usage. We have removed the apostrophe in order to register the name.

      Just as we would register the order name Silver Blade of X, where X is an owner, we allow the possessive form Queens Silver Blade.

      Gleann Abhann, Kingdom of. Order name Queens Order of Courtliness and badge association. Per pale gules and sable, in bend a rose argent barbed and seeded proper between two rams rampant respectant argent.

      Submitted as Queen's Order of Courtliness, the use of an apostrophe in possessives is post period usage. We have removed the apostrophe in order to register the name.

      Guðrún Einarsdóttir. Name.

      Nice Old Norse name! Both elements are found in settlement period Iceland.

      Joana Alvarez. Name.

      The submitter requested authenticity for 16th century Portugal; the name meets that request.

      Randel MacIntoshe. Name and device. Quarterly vert and sable, a dragon couchant to sinister reguardant between in pale two swords fesswise reversed argent.

      Returns - None.

      Congrats to our local member, Guðrún Einarsdóttir!

      And my youngest protégé (Shimofuri) now has a registered Portuguese name – Joana Alvarez.

      Rory