FW: ATTENTION! GOODWILL IS HOSTING A FREE SUMMER CAMP!

  • Duggar, David
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2011

    I am forwarding the following information that was sent to us at work by a colleague. Feel free to share with anyone with kids who may be interested. – David

    Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:18 AM
    Subject: ATTENTION! GOODWILL IS HOSTING A FREE SUMMER CAMP!

    Hello Children and Youth Planning Board Members!

    Goodwill Industries is hosting two, free eight-day summer programs for youth ages 15 to 18 beginning July 11 at their 800 West 70th Street location. This program is called Goodwill University and will teach job readiness and independent living skills.

    During each two week program, youth will focus on: life skills, building and maintaining self-esteem, conflict resolution, job readiness, job retention and finding and using community resources. Goodwill will work with the youth to help them realize their potential, set reachable goals for themselves and leave Goodwill University with a clear understanding of their potential career path.

    Each day camp session will be eight days in length, spread over two weeks, Monday through Thursday. The first session will begin on Monday, July 11 and run through Thursday, July 21.The second session will begin on Monday, July 25 and run through Thursday, August 4. Each day will begin at 9:00 a.m. and end at 3:00 p.m. Bus passes will be provided to those youth who need transportation assistance.

    Registration is first come first serve! Do not miss this opportunity!

    I have attached a formal letter you are welcome to use to pass along to any parents, youth or members of the community you may think would be interested in this program. I have also attached a flier with this information that you are welcome to hang in your office or hand out. I have also attached the enrollment form. You do not have to fill-out this form for your youth if you do not want to – encourage the youth or their parents to call us and we’ll take down their information over the phone.

    For more information or to enroll, contact Jennifer Miller at (318) 629-5972 or Thana O’Neal at (318) 629-5966.

    Thanks so much for your support and I hope to see you this summer!

    Lindsey W. Leith
    Reintegration Program Supervisor

    800 W. 70th Street
    Shreveport, LA  71106-2550

    (318) 629-5965

    Fax - (318) 869-2578
    www.goodwillnla.org
    www.shopgoodwill.com

    The information transmitted in this email is confidential and intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law(s).  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.