RE: [ardanroe] Re: Shelving

  • Leonard Hollar
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 5, 2009

      That sounds like a good idea.

      If I may explain (and if anyone wishes, feel free to hit the delete key now): If the holes in the upright braces where the shelves attach are of the “Keyhole” variety – Big hole with a slot in the bottom of it -- where a “Button, bolt head, or whatever” on the shelf attaches, then by using bolts or screws with the same size head, we can use lengths of wood to secure the tubs, etc.

      Straps work, too, but they get tangled up and become a possible tripping hazard.  If we _can_ use the wood strips, they can be unfastened from across the shelves and hung _from_ the shelf supports.

      Of course this won’t work at all if they are the wrong sort of shelf supports.

      Ebrahim/Leonard

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 5, 2009
        sounds good. i am probably thinking about pears myself. i was thinking about the stainless open work shelves that most restaurants and bakeries use. Those it does not matter how the shelves are placed.
        dq
        Liberty University Online
        Earn your bachelors degree in Criminal Justice online. Get free info!
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=1ZszlRL_m4jBUz8CtAWmWQAAJ1BO03481_HJ0foyWWnR17tpAAQAAAAFAAAAAM93tD8AAAMlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABSGmQAAAAA=