Fighters Col.

  • hellodanaq
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2009
      Do Not Kill the Messenger
      REPEAT: Do Not Kill the Messenger

      The Kingdom is looking for some group to host the Fighter's Collegium and War Practice February 26, 27, and 28, 2010.
      Yes i know that is 39 days after Winter Wonders which is 60 days after Crown List with Christmas and all tucked inbetween. Yes i know. So y'all want to go for it?

      Do we really want to be known as the "go to Group"? Can we pull it off, well if we can find a campground we can i have no doubt. But i do not want to work us into the ground either. Think on it and if necessary we will discuss it at Populace.

      Standing firmly under the White Flag
      danaq
    • Sarah L.
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2009
        Dana,

        I suspect they're going to want a bid, or at least the promise of a bid to come, before Populace.  If I recall correctly, the deadline for bids has already passed, and one that didn't get in for a week and a half probably wouldn't get consideration.

        I'd be more interested in seeing if Blackwood wanted to do it with a bit of assistance from us, honestly.  3 events in 3.5 months is a lot to pull off, and there's also Gulf Wars prep in that period too, which takes a lot of time for many of our members.  They've been wanting to host a KLE for awhile now, and we've done a Fighter's Collegium- it's dirt easy, and they are more than skilled enough to be able to do a brilliant job.

        (Gee, I wonder if Magnus and Becca even saw that bus coming before they got thrown under it?)

        --
        Do not cease to drink beer, to eat, to intoxicate thyself, to make love, and to celebrate the good days.  -- Ancient Egyptian Proverb

      • hellodana@juno.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 2009
          The bids have been extended for two weeks. Populace is at the end of that time which is why i stuck it out here. Did you not read the "Do Not Kill the Messenger" part. Yeap, three events, Christmas and Gulf Wars prep within 4 months, piece of cake. choke, choke, cough.
          It is the Shires decision, not mine.
          danaq
          Earn your accounting degree online. Free info. Click Now!
          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTEP2oflY2WY3R9LSzNwl3EjcAyP16TvWHZO9BKnQLXur30lOCMI4Q/
        • Duggar, David
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 3, 2009

            Since I won’t be at any of the Wednesday meetings until January, I leave the decision up to the great populace of Ardanroe.

            However, like Sarah, I would be more than happy to assist Blackwood in hosting this event.

            Fighters Collegium occurs AFTER Mardi Gras, so I am actually alive and available by that time to give some assistance.

            If Magnus and Rebecca might talk to the Blackwood populace (I think Sir Gethin is Seneschal now in the October Regnum), I am sure if both Shires’ populaces were willing, the work could be divided up similar to KA&S (food stuff – Ardanroe; autocrat stuff – Blackwood).

            I look forward to hearing more on this later this month.

            Rory

          • bec baker
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 3, 2009
              Greetings, all! After recovering from being run down by that bus...

              Tonight I spoke to Gethin about us putting in a bid for Fighters' Collegium with Ardanroe sharing the work load. I think the only concerns that we will have will lie in staffing. We are a very small group with very few active members. But the consensus was that, with your help, we could definitely pull this off.

              I'll be contacting Lake Bistineau to try to secure the site, and bringing the issue up to our populace for discussion. If things go well, we'll be trying to work out a bid by the end of the week. Any and all input you guys have in this are most welcome!

              Faithfully,
              Bec

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 4, 2009
                THLRebeccka, i don't see us not helping. Know that Ardanroe will help with folks, funds, flunkies and food.
                danaq

                Please note: message attached

                From: bec baker <kyra.azure@...>
                To: ardanroe@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: Re: [ardanroe] Fighters Col.
                Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 22:00:50 -0500

                Come clean with a brand new shower. Click now!
                http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTGcgwoFPZQtZZ1s3REA0iK6Su0I4WS3iDs1d0M1UdCFy7sBvA0XDq/
              • Robert Welch
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 4, 2009
                  I think I would have to vote for us helping Blackwood. I would throw all I got into helping them out.

                  Skallagrim