Re: [ardanroe] Meeting tonight

  • Melinda Jimenez
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 14, 2007
      well, that's an unfortunate development.

      Have to think about that one.

      We're actually from further west than calontir, but I'm guessing that's not the issue.

      Let me make sure I'm hearing you properly before I react to the wrong message.
      Ardanroe's take on musical and theater performance is... don't got it... don't want it?

      On Nov 14, 2007 3:14 PM, CPT Erlund < michaelerlund@...> wrote:
      You'd still have miffed people grumbling "Calontiri influences".  Esepcially without the drums.  We all now the Calontiri will start singing a dirge at the sqashing of an ant, the loss of a meal, the granting of an award, or the gift of a million in gold coin, so if you start singing too much, folks is likely gonna be unhappy at being invaded by Calontir again.  I ain't saying it can't be done, just that you need to be aware of the pitfalls and the potential branding of a purple & yeller bird on your tent, tunic, or forehead.

      As for acting troupe.  How best to put it... tights were only a symptom.  Perhaps a better annology: you can't get a puppy from two peaches.  Or to put it in Brer James terms: without bees their ain't no flower seeds?

      Melinda Jimenez <mindymoon@...> wrote:
      Okay....  what if... say...
      1.  we sang songs accapella that required no drum  (therefore all incited drumming would be the fault of people trying to drown us out and we could just flee and leave them to the pelicans) and

      2.  We did not put tight tights on people.  (Perhaps we could perform in the nude.  Or with Puppets!)

      On Nov 14, 2007 2:55 PM, CPT Erlund < michaelerlund@...> wrote:
      1.  Does Ardanroe have its own singing group?

      -regrettably, they were murdered several years ago by a marauding band of Pelicans  who felt that they incited drumming circles at all hours of the night.  Cranky, old Pelicans seem to be the most feared group in this region...

      2.  Does Ardanroe have a theatrical troupe?
      - over time, the tight tights restricted blood flow of this group.  The lack of oxygen and heat caused sterility in them.  With no offspring, they slowly died out... of course there is also the problem someone pointed out at one point that "you can't exactly get a chicken from two apples."

      Now, on the other hand, Barbra does work with the local theater troop and has been known to do some very special work in that area... she's even had her husband take some very 'compromising photos' in tights that are most 'happy' (VERY much like mentioned above); along with putting him in clothes that have earned him the title "Dandy Squire".  You might hit her up for information in this area.

      Warm Fuzzies to all:

      Olaf, E.S.

      Melinda Jimenez <mindymoon@... > wrote:
      A quick check of the mailbox reveals a total lack of paycheck, meaning that, regrettably, we will not be able to afford the gas to drive to Bossier City tonight from Texarkana.  Hopefully it will be here in time for us to drive to Crown on Saturday.

      There was one little thing we were going to bring up at the populace meeting which may or not be of importance or interest.

      Our first gathering of local Texarkana people a couple of weeks ago was partly to discuss how interested we were in resurrecting the defunct and long-incipient Shire of Talondale.
      A more recent vote of the newcomers (which outnumbers greatly the non-newcomers), reveals that the bulk of us would rather just play with Ardanroe for a while.

      This is largely because of the fun had at Havoc.  But also because Wes, Arthur and I spoke so warmly of all of you.

      Maybe someday we'll be ambitious enough to restart the process of forming our own shire, but in the meantime, how do we get the newsletter for Ardanroe?

      Two other minor questions.
      1.  Does Ardanroe have its own singing group?
      2.  Does Ardanroe have a theatrical troupe?

      -Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy' until you can find a big rock.

      DISCLAIMER:
      This e-mail message contains confidential, privileged information intended solely for the addressee. Please do not read, copy, or disseminate it unless you are the addressee. If you have received it in error, please call at (318)673-6308 and ask to speak with the message sender. Also, we would appreciate your forwarding the message back to us and deleting it from your system. Thank you.

      -Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy' until you can find a big rock.

      DISCLAIMER:
      This e-mail message contains confidential, privileged information intended solely for the addressee. Please do not read, copy, or disseminate it unless you are the addressee. If you have received it in error, please call at (318)673-6308 and ask to speak with the message sender. Also, we would appreciate your forwarding the message back to us and deleting it from your system. Thank you.

    • Duggar, David
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 14, 2007

        Hi!

        The Ardanrunes, Ardanroe’s newsletter, is electronic-only. The PDF files for all of this year’s and last year’s newsletters (started Electronic last year) are located on the Chronicler’s page of the Ardanroe website (www.ardanroe.org/wordpress)

        We still need a persona write up for the December issue (hint, hint). Please see the Historian’s page of the Ardanroe website for the ‘persona survey questions’ which you can complete and send to the Historian (she creates the wonderful persona write-ups based on those – unless you write up one yourself).

        News items need to be received by the 25th of the month to go into the next month’s newsletter. Desperately want short write ups (a paragraph or two – heck, even one long sentence would be great) about events traveled to.

        If you have any other questions about the newsletter, let me know. I do send out a notice directly to some people’s email addresses when the new issue of the newsletter is available via PDF on the website.

        Rory

        Chronicler, Ardanroe

      • Sarah L.
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 14, 2007
          Since Olaf seems to have the other questions much better in hand than I ever could, I'll tackle the easy one:  The Ardanroe newsletter can be downloaded from the ardanroe.org site.  Just click on the "Chronicler" link, and it's right there in PDF.  We don't currently have a print version in publication.

          Sorry we won't see you tonight, Aline!

          Sarah
        • Duggar, David
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 14, 2007

            No that is just Olaf (he had a bad review). We have several music majors here plus can borrow others from the next group south of us (Loch Bais). Music is good.

            Rory

            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 14, 2007
              "Don't got it".

              I don't think it's a matter of "don't want" at all- at least, not that I can tell.  There may not be that many folks in Ardanroe who would have both the time and inclination, but there would be no harm in talking about it and seeing what happens!

              On Nov 14, 2007 3:20 PM, Melinda Jimenez <mindymoon@...> wrote:

[...]

              Do not cease to drink beer, to eat, to intoxicate thyself, to make love, and to celebrate the good days.  -- Ancient Egyptian Proverb

              www.beerwithastraw.com
            • Melinda Jimenez

                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 14, 2007
                  Never mind.  If I actually click on the link, it answers questions for me.  How awesome.

                  On Nov 14, 2007 3:35 PM, Melinda Jimenez <mindymoon@...

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 14, 2007
                      I knowingly do not usually pursue music in the sca.
                      My mundane job is music, so to ask me to sing on the
                      weekends is like asking Sarah to balance your theatre
                      companies checkbook or Olaf to help you plan a road
                      while attending an event. I am not unwilling to help
                      you, but the sca is the one arena where I can be the
                      football star on the field, rather than the bandmember
                      in the stands. Thats why I'm not interested. But it
                      sure would not hurt my feelings if you wanted to. If
                      that's how you enjoy the game, then do it.

                      Harp
                      (which seems a terribly contradictory name at the
                      moment...)

                      === message truncated ===

                      Make Yahoo! your homepage.
                      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                    • Melinda Jimenez
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 14, 2007
                        I understand the position.  I would not particularly enjoy having to type large documents at an event for the same reason.

                        === message truncated ===

                        <*> Your email settings:
                           Individual Email | Traditional

                        <*> To change settings online go to: