Kingdom A&S with Loch Bais

  • Sarah L.
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2009
      For those who didn't attend the meeting, here's the skinny on who was volunteered for what:

      Avice is doing feast, Baroness Bethany is doing breakfast and Travelers' Faire, and the Conroi (household) are currently planning to do the fundraiser lunch.

      Dana will be working Troll in conjunction with Ian O'Donnel (who is the reservationist).  Dana- if you don't have his email address, it is imnopoet_at_yahoo.com.

      Grim will be Hall Steward.  Magnus (from Blackwood) had expressed interest in learning how to do Hall Stewarding, and Grim said "cool" to having a helper/student.  Magnus- get in touch with him if you're still interested.

      James and I volunteered to do a "Hospitality Table" for the A&S Judges.  We'll be bringing our big 60 cup coffee pot, tea and pot, and a few other treats, and if anybody else would like to help, we'd appreciate it.  We're looking mostly for snacky bits that can be left on a table without suffering- so please, nothing that requires being kept cold or hot.

      I'm gonna be the Royal Liasion with assistance from Amelia and Melisande.  We'll be using Ardanroe's bedding and cabin decorations, and will be accepting donations from folks who want to contribute gifts/goodies for the royal cabins.  Remember- if we put sodas or snacks or whatever in the cabins, the Shire's funds CANNOT PAY FOR THEM unless those items are also offered to every event attendee.

      James is going to be working with Gilbert and some other guys to make sure that a parking area is well designated to keep cars away from the halls, as parking can be unruly at this site.

      The meeting was lovely and a lot got done.  You missed a nice time if you couldn't attend!

      Sarah
    • davidduggar
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
        Was there any discussion about RUGA at the event? I just thought about RUGA this morning.

        Does Loch Bais have a Provost who could give Eithne (RUGA Chancellor) a list of what facilities would work for classrooms for RUGA at the site. I know there is the small room inside the second hall (opposite end from the stage). I don't recall if there is a room behind the stage or not. And then there is the open permanent small pavilion located between the two halls.

        I know Amata would help (assuming no conflicts that weekend).

        Rory
      • Sarah L.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
          Prior Gilbert is handling RUGA, if I am not mistaken.

          --
          Sent from my mobile device

          Do not cease to drink beer, to eat, to intoxicate thyself, to make
          love, and to celebrate the good days. -- Ancient Egyptian Proverb

          www.beerwithastraw.com
        • Beth Kilburn
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
            This doesn't sound like Bistineau Grp Cmp 1. Is it or did I miss something?

            Eibhlin