A&S night June 24

  • Melissa Erlund
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 19, 2009
      Gloria Taylor has graciously agreed to teach Lucet weaving at this month's A&S night.  Olaf is working on making enough of the weaving devices for everyone to keep.
      Should be fun!  It will be at Aulds Library at 7:00 pm.

      Melisant of Exmoor
      Melissa Erlund

    • Sarah L.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 19, 2009
        YAY!  I'm looking forward to that!  Shall we bring our own yarn?

        On that fiber-y note... I've had a few people ask about weaving and other yarn arts, and there may now be enough interest to try to bring back the 3rd Wednesday fiber-arts workshop night.  I'd be happy to call the library and see if they're still available that night, if the other fiber artist types would like me to.

        Sarah

        --
        Do not cease to drink beer, to eat, to intoxicate thyself, to make love, and to celebrate the good days.  -- Ancient Egyptian Proverb

        www.beerwithastraw.com
      • Colette Hilliard
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 19, 2009
          I wish I had known sooner, I already have a commitment to usher "Dirty Blonde" opening night June 24, will it be offered again I really would like to learn.
          Thanks
          Colette

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 19, 2009
            You can bring your own yarn, but if you don't have any, Gloria and I should have plenty.

            Melisant

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 23, 2009
              Thanks to Olaf for making lucets! Ebrahim just bought a jig saw, and will try to make the next batch.

              Avalina/Gloria

              --- In ardanroe@yahoogroups.com, Melissa Erlund <melissaerlund@...> wrote:

              > Gloria Taylor has graciously agreed to teach Lucet weaving at this month's A&S night.  Olaf is working on making enough of the weaving devices for everyone to keep.
              > Should be fun!  It will be at Aulds Library at 7:00 pm.
              >
              > Melisant of Exmoor
              > Melissa Erlund

            • Gloria Taylor
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 23, 2009
                Sounds like a plan! Let's go for it.

                Avalina

                --- In ardanroe@yahoogroups.com, "Sarah L." <hrldndva@...> wrote:

                > YAY! I'm looking forward to that! Shall we bring our own yarn?
                >
                > On that fiber-y note... I've had a few people ask about weaving and other
                > yarn arts, and there may now be enough interest to try to bring back the 3rd
                > Wednesday fiber-arts workshop night. I'd be happy to call the library and
                > see if they're still available that night, if the other fiber artist types
                > would like me to.
                >
                > Sarah
                >
                > On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Melissa Erlund <melissaerlund@...>wrote:
                >

                > > Gloria Taylor has graciously agreed to teach Lucet weaving at this month's
                > > A&S night. Olaf is working on making enough of the weaving devices for
                > > everyone to keep.
                > > Should be fun! It will be at Aulds Library at 7:00 pm.
                > >
                > > Melisant of Exmoor
                > > Melissa Erlund
                > >

                > --
                > Do not cease to drink beer, to eat, to intoxicate thyself, to make love, and
                > to celebrate the good days. -- Ancient Egyptian Proverb
                >
                > www.beerwithastraw.com

              • Gloria Taylor
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 23, 2009
                  Colette -

                  We can meet up somewhere in town before the next meeting, and I can teach you. I live in Southern Hills. Where would be convenient for you?

                  Avalina

                  --- In ardanroe@yahoogroups.com, Colette Hilliard <coco71103@...> wrote:

                  > I wish I had known sooner, I already have a commitment to usher "Dirty Blonde" opening night June 24, will it be offered again I really would like to learn.
                  > Thanks
                  > Colette

                • Gloria Taylor
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 23, 2009
                    Absolutely! Don't let not having yarn keep you away. Also, if you have any yarn hanging around the house that you're not going to use any more, this is a good way to get rid of it. Any smooth yarn is good, nothing too lumpy, knotty, or "fussy."

                    Avalina