Sample Text for Permission Letters for Conflicting

  • Duggar, David
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2009

      Oh Skallagrim’s family, these are from the SCA website

      Appendix D - Suggested Standard Form Letters

      Permission to Conflict

      For Name

      I, [Name], known in the SCA as ([Society name]) give [Name of submitter], known in the SCA as ([Society name of submitter]) permission for [his/her] name "[Submitted Name]" to be similar to, but not identical to, my name, "[Registered Name]". I understand that this permission cannot be withdrawn once [name of submitter]'s name is registered.

      [Date] [Signature of [Name]]

      For Armory

      I, [Name], known in the SCA as ([Society name]) give [Name of submitter], known in the SCA as ([Society name of submitter]) permission for [his/her] armory "[Blazon of submission]" to look similar to, but not identical to, my armory, "[Blazon of registered armory]". I understand that this permission cannot be withdrawn once [name of submitter]'s armory is registered.

      [Date] [Signature of [Name]]