Re: Ike

  • Valerie Sawyer
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 15 8:36 AM
      Lost power at the farm for about 16 hours.
      No tree loss or major issues.
      Good thing I was working on a hand sewing project =)
      Glad to hear that so far everyone is ok.
      Avice

    • KaylaNBran@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 15 8:58 AM
        Our lights just flickered a few times.  We also lost 1/2 a tree, but it didn't take any fences with it.  Lots of branches.  The horses were glad to be out of their stalls Sunday morning.

        Melisant

      • Leonard Hollar
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 15 9:39 AM

          My power was restored about 90 minutes ago.  No damage to the house, although I am going to have to call the realtor about some hanging branches.

          I can only hope that everyone else has been as lucky in this as have I.

          Ebrahim/Leonard

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 15 5:55 PM
            *blinking wildly* Besides being without power since early Saturday afternoon til a couple hours ago and a few loud thuds from way out back, we survived. At least I know what I'm doing this weekend, having not so much fun with a chainsaw.

            Lorccan

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 16 3:55 PM

              Have fun!  I have a former apple tree I’ve been waiting to get to until Gloria gets back to town.  A smidge too big for me to do by myself.  Sorry to see it go, it bore fruit this year, and now that we knew we were going to figure out how to save it from the squirrels and birds next year … Oh well.  <sigh>

              Oh yeah:  All y’all having to play with chainsaws and such in the foreseeable future … Y’all be careful now, ya hear?

              Ebrahim/Leonard

              *blinking wildly* Besides being without power since early Saturday afternoon til a couple hours ago and a few loud thuds from way out back, we survived. At least I know what I'm doing this weekend, having not so much fun with a chainsaw.

              Lorccan

              Did everyone get through the storm ok?  We were without power for 24 hours or so and lost a bunch of branches and half a tree, but seem to have come through it without much damage.

              Sarah

            • Giertrud Gyldenstierne
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 16 4:29 PM
                Make applewood smoked bacon?
                YIS,

                Giertrud Gyldenstierne
                RUGA Provost, Shire of Blackmoor Keep

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 16 5:46 PM

                  OOOhhh!!  Good idea!!

                  Ebrahim/Leonard

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 16 6:02 PM
                    You have the wood of an apple tree at your disposal...go "hog" wild!