Re: waterfoil stuff

  • loco4viento
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 12:30 AM
      I just used a scissors and cut the forward 2-3 inches out of the
      bottom skin of the kite right up to the seam where bottom and top
      skins meet. I don't know about making the kite less jittery in the
      air. My waterfoils used to luff terribly when the lines went slack
      (gusts/lulls/overflying the edge of the window). Now they are
      more stable. Other than that, flying is the same. Launching is
      easier now and doesn't require preinflating. I say for land use
      this is great for me; for water use it's whatever you feel best with
      (my personal feeling is that the luxury of relaunchability carries a
      price in safety).

      I think you will like the longer lines. You'll get a longer power
      stroke which will help if the wind drops off. The kite will turn a tiny
      bit slower (but still super fast). However, any big mistakes will
      have the potential to punish you even more with the longer lines.

      John

      --- In arcusers@yahoogroups.com, "mathomm" <mrt03@u...>