Re: [arcusers] Charger Question

  • tim grossnickle
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
      Nick,

      Am wrestling with the same decision as you face....whether buy a 12m or 15m Charger replacing a 13m V or 15m Syn. Haven't seen review as yet on 15m Charger and it doesn't seem like the larger Chargers are coming anytime soon. Expect we'll get a lot more info by the time the larger Chargers actually arrive...probably next year...

      Regards,
      Tim

    • markmcnair88@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
        Does anyone have any info on the 10m charger? Am considering replacing my 10 scorp.

        Am wrestling with the same decision as you face....whether buy a 12m or 15m Charger replacing a 13m V or 15m Syn. Haven't seen review as yet on 15m Charger and it doesn't seem like the larger Chargers are coming anytime soon. Expect we'll get a lot more info by the time the larger Chargers actually arrive...probably next year...

        Regards,
        Tim

      • monkeyair
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
          Hi Mark.
          Spent a lite wind afternoon playing with the ten and then Vic got it from me to try in all sorts of conditions and let students try. He basically had a 12m syn as his every day kite with a scorp 10 as his high wind kite and a 15 syn for uber light days he just picked up for the heck of it though the 12 was pretty much it 99 percent of the time. He has gone crazy over the 10 charger and blatantly claims he gets the same bottom end out of it he got on his syn 12 but with far better turning and speed of kite. He is 165 pounds and rides a 5'8" underground directional of about four year ago vintage. Not a flat, no rockered thruster by any means so, you can go with that. I noticed Far more grunt and fantastic turning with great instant power generation when needed. Water launch was easy and it felt just FAR stiffer than than the syn 10. Think this is G's favorite size as well and at his weight it would make sense. The 12 is in Gary's hands in Ventura today and hopefully the Santa Anna switch around works for them up there today. With the power and crazy upwind I have been able to get out of the 12, imagine all Vic's claims on the 10 are down to earth. He has used sle kites as well of course and came back to synergy. He said he feels justified in doing so with the charger. Will hopefully have some vid of the 10 in action when it blows down in San Felipe. Vic only used his scorp 10 for the highest wind stuff and he is confident the 10 charger would be a one kite, high to low wind quiver for him at his weight. Disclaimer..... We primarily use real directional surfboard style boards with real volume. When we go to San Felipe, we often put on twin tip boards for the flat water areas so will give you more tt reports then. With the grunt and speed it is pretty much a no brainer on how this kite will work relative to the synergy.. Way better... Hope this helped. Vic posted a bit on the ten meter on Kiteforum.com a bit ago if you wanted to check there for his post.
          --- In arcusers@yahoogroups.com, markmcnair88@... wrote:

          > Does anyone have any info on the 10m charger? Am considering replacing my 10 scorp.

        • mark mcnair
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2009
            Awesome will look forward to that vid, and how it handles on a twin tip. will have a look at kite forum.
            Any idea about how the top end on the kite is? can it still handle the same high wind conditions that the 10 scorp can?
            Any one interested in buying a 10 scorp and possibly a 15 phantom? ;)