Need Help in Hatteras.....

  • tim grossnickle
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
      An aspiring Arcer and friend is heading for Hatteras for a five day stay over the weekend of March 6 to 8 needs help. She has G-1 kites, wet suits, harness and bar. She flys Arcs reasonably well. She can also get up and ride some, but needs some coaching on board handling. She also lacks experience in setting up and launching kites and needs some advice on wind strengths and where and when to fly. She will pay for some pro instruction, but needs to find an instructor familiar with Arcs in Hatteras. Failing that if a Hatteras Arcer within our brotherhood could lend a hand she's a good athlete...fit and a good learner who would certainly appreciate the help.

      If anyone knows of a pro Arc instructor in Hatteras, please send it to me via this forum. Or....if a fellow Arcer could help her and wants more information, you can call me on my cell at 312.919.7566 or via e-mail at tog0713@......

      Thanks in advance for information and help....

      Regards,
      Tim

    • silverbacked13
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
        March? That should be nice and nippy... they are still in single
        digits C (~38F) down there! Might I suggest a landboard for those sub
        zero days.

        If it were May, I could certainly help out as I'm heading down for our
        annual OBX trek (from Ottawa). Would be nice not being the only arcer
        (since Eric has fallen off the roster this year).

        Cheers,
        Jeff

        PS://We usually base out of Rodanthe, but travel the whole cape for wind.

        --- In arcusers@yahoogroups.com, tim grossnickle <tog0713@...> wrote:

        > An aspiring Arcer and friend is heading for Hatteras for a five day
        stay over the weekend of March 6 to 8 needs help. She has G-1 kites,
        wet suits, harness and bar. She flys Arcs reasonably well. She can
        also get up and ride some, but needs some coaching on board handling.
        She also lacks experience in setting up and launching kites and needs
        some advice on wind strengths and where and when to fly. She will pay
        for some pro instruction, but needs to find an instructor familiar
        with Arcs in Hatteras. Failing that if a Hatteras Arcer within our
        brotherhood could lend a hand she's a good athlete...fit and a good
        learner who would certainly appreciate the help.

        > If anyone knows of a pro Arc instructor in Hatteras, please send it
        to me via this forum. Or....if a fellow Arcer could help her and
        wants more information, you can call me on my cell at 312.919.7566 or
        via e-mail at tog0713@...

        > Thanks in advance for information and help....
        >
        > Regards,
        > Tim

      • coastalisland4
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
          Hey Tim,

          Like Jeff says, it will not be pleasant in the sound or on the ocean
          until late April. If your friend can make another trip in May, she
          will have miles and miles of shallow warm water to learn on and
          probably a few more arc riders as well.

          Jeff, I lost your e-mail. Send me a note: sinsond - gmail. Might be
          able to join you with syn's this year.

          Dave

          --- In arcusers@yahoogroups.com, "silverbacked13" <silverbacked13@...>
          wrote:

          > March? That should be nice and nippy... they are still in single
          > digits C (~38F) down there! Might I suggest a landboard for those sub
          > zero days.
          >
          > If it were May, I could certainly help out as I'm heading down for our
          > annual OBX trek (from Ottawa). Would be nice not being the only arcer
          > (since Eric has fallen off the roster this year).
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Jeff
          >
          > PS://We usually base out of Rodanthe, but travel the whole cape for
          wind.

          > --- In arcusers@yahoogroups.com, tim grossnickle <tog0713@> wrote:
          > >
          > > An aspiring Arcer and friend is heading for Hatteras for a five day
          > stay over the weekend of March 6 to 8 needs help. She has G-1 kites,
          > wet suits, harness and bar. She flys Arcs reasonably well. She can
          > also get up and ride some, but needs some coaching on board handling.
          > She also lacks experience in setting up and launching kites and needs
          > some advice on wind strengths and where and when to fly. She will pay
          > for some pro instruction, but needs to find an instructor familiar
          > with Arcs in Hatteras. Failing that if a Hatteras Arcer within our
          > brotherhood could lend a hand she's a good athlete...fit and a good
          > learner who would certainly appreciate the help.
          > >
          > > If anyone knows of a pro Arc instructor in Hatteras, please send it
          > to me via this forum. Or....if a fellow Arcer could help her and
          > wants more information, you can call me on my cell at 312.919.7566 or
          > via e-mail at tog0713@
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance for information and help....
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > Tim

        • Eric Brackenbury
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
            Don't count me out yet Jeff !
            I will be making phone calls this week :-))

            Eric

            On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 7:30 PM, silverbacked13 <silverbacked13@...>wrote:

            > March? That should be nice and nippy... they are still in single
            > digits C (~38F) down there! Might I suggest a landboard for those sub
            > zero days.
            >
            > If it were May, I could certainly help out as I'm heading down for our
            > annual OBX trek (from Ottawa). Would be nice not being the only arcer
            > (since Eric has fallen off the roster this year).
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Jeff
            >
            > PS://We usually base out of Rodanthe, but travel the whole cape for wind.
            >
            > --- In arcusers@yahoogroups.com, tim grossnickle <tog0713@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > An aspiring Arcer and friend is heading for Hatteras for a five day
            > stay over the weekend of March 6 to 8 needs help. She has G-1 kites,
            > wet suits, harness and bar. She flys Arcs reasonably well. She can
            > also get up and ride some, but needs some coaching on board handling.
            > She also lacks experience in setting up and launching kites and needs
            > some advice on wind strengths and where and when to fly. She will pay
            > for some pro instruction, but needs to find an instructor familiar
            > with Arcs in Hatteras. Failing that if a Hatteras Arcer within our
            > brotherhood could lend a hand she's a good athlete...fit and a good
            > learner who would certainly appreciate the help.
            > >
            > > If anyone knows of a pro Arc instructor in Hatteras, please send it
            > to me via this forum. Or....if a fellow Arcer could help her and
            > wants more information, you can call me on my cell at 312.919.7566 or
            > via e-mail at tog0713@...
            > >
            > > Thanks in advance for information and help....
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > Tim

            > ------------------------------------
            >
            > Be sure to tell all your ARC buddies about our group so we will continue to
            > grow! Thank you for all the great ARC information!
            >
            > ********READ*************READ***************READ*************
            >
            > ARCUSERS FORUM:
            >
            > Since February 2002.
            > Over 1200 members.
            > 20,000 messages and counting.
            > The most useful arc information on the web.
            >
            > http://www.arcusers.com

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • T. ODay
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
              ask John Lauby.... jiauby7777@...  He is a regular kiter there, a top-notch fellow, who has had years on arcs. He might be of help.

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
                John Lauby doesn't do arcs anymore.  Not for a few years.