Re: Latest vid of kitesurfing w/Synergy

  • tungsten222
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2009
      Hi Gideon, I'd like to watch it, but my internet provider put me on a
      56k modem diet a month ago, and I don't know when I'll be back on a
      fast line :-(
      Will comment then.

      --- In arcusers@yahoogroups.com, "Gideon Low" <gideonlow@...> wrote:

      > Ok, I need all of your honest opinions to counter (what I believe to
      > be) some peoples' PL Kites prejudice BS! You may have seen the recent
      > YouTube video I posted . . . somebody finally came in a rated it 2 out
      > of 5 stars.
      >
      > Can anyone with a little time check this out once more and give it your
      > honest rating? If it's a "2", I need to know I've gotta work much
      > harder on this stuff or throw-in the towel. If not, then your voices
      > should be heard :-). Consider the overall vid--riding & video editing,
      > and filming too (though I didn't to that part).
      >
      > Gideon Riding Waddell Creek <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RypHbZ4kPXM>
      >
      > Cheers & Happy New Year,
      >
      > Gideon

    • Gunnar Biniasch
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2009
        Hi Gideon,

        Happy New Year.

        About the Vid:

        1) There is some nice footage there, but there no real flow to it.

        2) A lot of it is shot directly into the sun. This is a pretty bug No
        No. Try to shoot at times where the sun is behind the person shooting

        3) Also I find that it's a bit long and a lot of the same moves.

        And just a few small things ( I personally make these mistakes too):

        a) Keep the Horizon Straight

        b) Shoot from multiple angles

        c) Only shoot when the light is good

        Hope this helps.