VII 13 rib repairs

  • eightfootplus
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
      I know this is old info, but my VII 13m blew a rib, between 3rd & 4th
      after the inflation zipper.

      It pulled the stiching through the bottom edge and the second braid is
      also completely dislodged. I am unpicking the trailing edge to repair,
      hopefully be flying again tomorrow.

      I want to know where to re-fix the second braid i.e how far along the
      seam from the first braid.

      I plan to stretch the second brade out and see where it lines up with
      the bottom layer, I thik I can see where it attached but as the bottom
      skin has torn along the seam its hard to see.

      Also its amazing how crap the kite flies in the direction when the
      blown cell is closer to the water, it seemed to fly OK in the opposite
      direction. I went for a few runs as its the best way I know to dry the
      kite.
    • tungsten222
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
        Measure the mirror cell on the other side for braid position.

        --- In arcusers@yahoogroups.com, "eightfootplus" <eightfootplus@...>
        wrote:

        > I know this is old info, but my VII 13m blew a rib, between 3rd & 4th
        > after the inflation zipper.
        >
        > It pulled the stiching through the bottom edge and the second braid is
        > also completely dislodged. I am unpicking the trailing edge to repair,
        > hopefully be flying again tomorrow.
        >
        > I want to know where to re-fix the second braid i.e how far along the
        > seam from the first braid.
        >
        > I plan to stretch the second brade out and see where it lines up with
        > the bottom layer, I thik I can see where it attached but as the bottom
        > skin has torn along the seam its hard to see.
        >
        > Also its amazing how crap the kite flies in the direction when the
        > blown cell is closer to the water, it seemed to fly OK in the opposite
        > direction. I went for a few runs as its the best way I know to dry the
        > kite.

      • eightfootplus
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
          Yes of course, thanks, funny how things are obvious when someone
          points it out