Lucky Perth Pricks!

  • aussiekitesurfer
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
      Had a session here today on a sea breaze in 13-15 knots. Got home
      at six to see the end of the Cricket and here is the sea breaze in
      WA knocking the stumps off the wickets! You guys are so lucky over
      there, a 25 knot sea breaze pretty much all summer would be
      awesome. Had me salivating at the possiblities. I love my F-Arc
      1600 but really need 15-16-17+ knots to be cranking at my weight on
      my board. Would have the 1200 (my favourite kite) out every day!!
      On an unrelated note, when I first go my F's I had a bit of an inner
      arguement. Yeah, they might be great jumping kites but the fact
      they can't water relaunch might discourage me from trying new
      tricks. The fact is that they give you such awesome floaty hang in
      the right conditions that new tricks are heaps easier to learn and
      get down as even if you stuff up you land so gently and your back
      upwind so quick ready to try again. You also have to make a pretty
      serious flying error to put it in the drink. Kite awareness is the
      key.
      On yet an other unrelated note, England suck so bad in the cricket,
      lucky you guys have produced some decent kiteboarders.

      Rohan
    • F12-Flyer
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
        yer well it was hitting 35 knots today and There wasnt a single kite out where I surf. It was too strong and I'm out of action since I FUCKED my ankle the day before when I fell to 10cm of water in a high out of control 720 transition. you know the ones where you just rip the kite back and next thing you know your horizontal to it. Would have been fine if it wasnt so shallow. My first thought was I broke my leg I wasnt happy. Its still pretty bad and hurts to walk. I hope its just a bad strain.

        But to the point I Think the lil 630 would have been overpowering. I would like to know what people can handle a 630 in. its funny how bigger kites such as the g-10 can handle around the same amount at a bigger size.

        A happy but sore kiter :(
        Rod

        Perth-Kiteboarding
        Arc, F-arcs and G-arcs
        http://home.iprimus.com.au/reflex82/
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Be sure to tell all your ARC buddies about our group so we will continue to grow! Thank you for all the great ARC information!

      • aussiekitesurfer
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
          Hey Rod, Rotten break dude. Hope your back ripping soon. How
          often does the Sea Breaze get as strong as it did today or was it
          not a sea breaze? I thought the Freo Docker* usually came in around
          25knots which would be heaven for me on the F12!
          Rohan
          * I hate the way those dicks on the cricket call the wind the
          Fremantle Doctor. It's actually called the Fremantle Docker because
          the wharfies used to use it to dock the boats each afternoon when it
          would blow in. Learn something every day.......

          Service.

        • F12-Flyer
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
            Well actually it was a seabreeze and reach over 40 knots just offshore... nice blue skys, hot weather and blowing like shit.
            I also have a F-12 which is totally awesome my favourite kite but being only 68 kilos and my finless ply it really sucks when it creeps over 25 and Its to uncomfortable which is annoying. so its hard to judge weather to take it out or just stick with the 630. Lucky my G-10 is on its way to cover the lack of performance the 630 puts out.