Re: Note to VO/Gunnar

  • doofusdog2003
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hmmm, I always take a few inches off the depower line, and I'm a very
      heavy 6' tall kiter. Not reaching too far saves my back. I tend to
      use my own natural depower of 285lb/130kg

      I tend to think beginners would be better sometimes setting the power
      in the kite and learning to depower with combinations of board speed
      control and edging. Having too many choices for power on the bar can
      just confuse. Best to have the size kite up that lets you ride most
      happily with the wingtips parallel, they seem to most efficient then,
      you can depower and power it up around that point.

      To go upwind I find myself using more front foot than back foot
      pressure, using the heelside edge right up to the front heel and not
      using too much edge pressure. Let the board slice cleanly through /
      over the water. With more even weight on the board you can depower
      that kite a little to get it to the edge of the window. Kite about a
      third off the water seems to be good. Not too low, not very high.

      If you have to sine the kite hard it is tricky to go upwind. More
      wind, bigger board or bigger kite.

      hmmmmm that's turned into a brain dump

      Craig

      --- In arcusers@yahoogroups.com, "Gideon Low" <gideonlow@...> wrote:

      > I can't help myself . . . .
      >
      > VO: Are you getting all of this? When will a long-throw bar come
      > standard (or as an option) with all PL water kites????? Do you really
      > want to lose customers because of such a silly thing? So much
      > unnecessary frustration . . .
    • noono2 salem
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 6, 2007