Scorpion Launching Bellyflop

  • van de Bulk Paul
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 2, 2007
      After riding on my trusty V13 for the first couple of hours and having a great time, the wind pushed up beyond 30 knots and it was time to land it. A while later a guy who had been out on a 10m Scorpion offered me a go. I have to say, nice kite, massive depower/power range. BUT then I crashed it, accidentally came un hooked when I wasn't expecting it!!!

      Damn thing bow tied, and I was at waist depth so I just walked to the beach in shame. Sorted out the lines, went to relaunch, made sure the kite was rammed full of air, up she went and instantly started flopping around uncontrollably. had to let it out on safety. Re sorted the lines, gave it back to the owner, who wanted to try again launching, Same thing happened, but worse, kite then bow tied and went into a death spiral before he released the safety.

      I know the venoms can be a little unstable when wet and sandy, but that was ridiculous, It is not as if I haven't been flying arcs for about 5 years either. The only other arc I have seen behaving like this is the Phantom, same place same conditions, wet sandy phantom 6m, Rob Hills, expert buggy rider flying it.

      So Summary, Great kite when in the air, dodgy when everything is not just perfect. I will stick with Venoms for out on the water because I want a kite I can trust.
      The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this email by mistake please notify the sender and delete it immediately. Opinions expressed are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Cambridgeshire County Council. All sent and received email from Cambridgeshire County Council is automatically scanned for the presence of computer viruses and security issues
    • Eric Brackenbury
      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 14, 2007
        Thanks
        Paul
        Now I have you correctly in my Arcusers folder.

        Eric B