Re: "STRONG" Wind Launching?

  • mx5alan
    Message 1 of 45 , Jan 1, 2007
      --- In arcusers@yahoogroups.com, "kiteboard2000" <kiteboarder@...>
      wrote:

      > "jiffypot22" <madsleth@> wrote:
      > > strong wind =25+ i weigh 75 kg
      > > last time i tried to launch my V10 was in about 28 knots.
      > > Everything was flapping around, air got pressed out of the kite-
      > > it was difficult to hold the pressure from the preinflation, and
      > > i missed the launch. Kite crashed and bowtied...

      Not heard of any kite loosing pressure just before launch, sure you
      had the deflation zip done up ?
      Once my ARC's are inflated they will stay inflated.
      But, you can land your kite then sand it so that the TE is into the
      wind and wind then acts like a vacuum as it passes over the vents,
      but takes far more time than just walking back to your bar before
      launch.

      Strong wind for me - landboarding around 30mph, kitesurfing not sure
      as I have a 2hr drive to the coast so when wind is extreme or very
      poor forecast I dont normally bother. Would rather wait for better
      weather/wind 13-23knts is what I prefer. My guide to fly or not... is
      fully depower and solo launch unhooked with safety attached - if bar
      gets pulled out my hands its a good indication its to much (try to
      launch again 2 more times), then if I can launch but cant keep my
      feet on the ground enough to move back upwind with kite overhead I
      normally pull the safety and not fly. Smallest ARC I have is a GII-9m
      (75kg)

      Most wind I have seen a few of my friends fly in is around 35mph on
      land and also seen what happens when it all goes wrong in those wind
      speeds, You just dont have time to react quick enough...
    • jiffypot22
      Message 45 of 45 , Jan 9, 2007
        excellent!! :o)