RE: [arcusers] Re: V2 vs Speed 17

  • Seth Perelman
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
      Now this is why I love this group so much...the fact that someone in
      California is so familiar with Yetis, knomes and drunken reindeer goes to
      show that you're not all so bad, and that kiters really are an educated
      group. Just another reason to give my wife for hanging out with all of you.

      It also makes it clear why the V1 doesn't have the low-end us big guys need:
      Knomes are just too small to understand the requirements. The guys in
      Germany who designed the Yeti board obviously designed a kite for one as
      well. Especially their new silver/white one; it's a stealth kite for the
      Yetis in the snow. No one will see them coming.

      Where can I find the kitegroupie knomets?

      Seth

      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
        While you are all trying to get board time I am out with my 19v1 and my
        KiteCat TET and Bob's bridal :-))

        I went out with the KiteCat last summer and left all the other guys with
        boards on the beach when the wind was just toooooo light for them.
        So the moral of this story is you got to have more toys in the cupboard to
        play with.

        Will be in Hattaras first week in May if any one wants to come and have
        some fun.

        Eric B
        PS:
        Oh yes and two BMW's in the garage for no wind days !

        At 02:35 AM 3/1/2006, you wrote:
        >compaisons comparismoms!!
        >
        >for me personally I weigh 102 kg.
        >i love waveriding.I now have a 152 x 44 FLX and TET SFS v19.its
        >about what it does for me .i know for sure there are kites out there
        >with more power ,but this is what I like
        >i like
        >NOPUMPING I am a fat lazy bastard.
        >Getting out and having fun in waves all to myself for 2 hrs while
        >the seabreeze builds and continue on with the same kite and board
        >when the wind is over 20 kts
        >Board must get some cred here .the FLX planes up in little wind and
        >i can keep on keeping on with the 19 when its windy too
        >A kite that lasts a looong time and is easily fixed if i wrap it
        >around a barbed wire fence.
        >Does not plonk in the surf and get damaged in the light stuff or if
        >i stuff up .launching any kite in the surf is a hassle.
        >
        >the funny thing is that that is what alot of others around here like
        >too and now its getting crowded .
        >i like the fact that 75 % of our students (who only have a couple of
        >availabilities per fortnight that match up with suitable wind)buy a
        >kite and become kitesurfers .
        >
        >all the best
        >
        >Lach
        >

        >Be sure to tell all your ARC buddies about our group so we will continue
        >to grow! Thank you for all the great ARC information!
        >
        >********READ*************READ***************READ*************
        >
        >ARCUSERS FORUM:
        >
        >Since February 2002.
        >Over 1200 members.
        >20,000 messages and counting.
        >The most useful arc information on the web.
        >
        >http://www.arcusers.com
        >

        >********READ*************READ***************READ*************
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Mark Pronk
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
          Two wheeled or 4 Eric?

          ;-)

          Mark
          Foilzone.com

        • Seth Perelman
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
            Are you bringing the Cat to Hatteras? I'm planning to be there around the
            same time, so let's try to coordinate.

            Seth

            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
              I did not know BMW made cars :-))

              At 10:16 AM 3/1/2006, you wrote:
              >Two wheeled or 4 Eric?
              >
              >;-)
              >
              >Mark
              >Foilzone.com

            • Eric Brackenbury
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
                For sure Seth
                e-mail me of group
                Eric B

                At 10:58 AM 3/1/2006, you wrote:
                >Are you bringing the Cat to Hatteras? I'm planning to be there around the
                >same time, so let's try to coordinate.
                >
                >Seth

              • Mark Pronk
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006