Re: Now try two lines...

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      I tried for a while a bar with the front lines connected to the
      opposite rear line points (i uderstand this is how the original arc
      bars were) which flew well. Seems to me a crossover bridle next to the
      kite set up like this (like old leis used) would do what you want?

      If thats what you just suggested then should work yeah :D

      Anyway, try it and report back :)

      Spiky Dave

      --- In arcusers@yahoogroups.com, DeniseSEWA@A... wrote:

      > In a message dated 1/31/2005 7:44:40 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
      > phryham@h... writes:
      >
      > Get some Dyneema / Q-Power line...get four lines with attachment
      > loops in them...the shorter the lines the better (3 feet). I will
      > speak to my dream....
      >
      > Now get two pieces of spectra (pigtail / leader-type guage) about 18
      > inches and tie three knots in them...one at each end of the piece of
      > spectra and the third knot about 10 - 15 cm from one of the end knots.
      >
      > Here's the kicker...get yourself a stiff bar...pulley-bar stiffness
      > but without the pulley and attach two lines only....at the end of the
      > lines, larkshead to the knot on the spectra line farthest from the
      > other two. Then you take your short lines.... and attach one with
      > larkshead to the middle knot and one to the tip knot...the tip tip
      > knot will run to the rear attachment on the kite while the middle-
      > attached knot will attach to the front attachment point on the kite.
      >
      > Viola...two line kite, front line steering, no power control...mucho
      > primo!
      >

      > Have you tried this??seems the perfect setup for my two line reel
      bar and my
      > small Arcs ( 460, 630 ) for buggy, landboard and snowboard. that
      is, if it
      > all works, sounds simple enough although the original 2 line T-Arc
      was later
      > changed to 4 line due to not working well.
      > Denise
      > http://hometown.aol.com/denisesewa/index.html

    • mulemik
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2005
        so patrik (and others),,,

        did you actually try this?

        i am really curious to hear how it went - tried the bomba with a
        pulleybar which was great fun but i might try to setup as an old
        school two liner - thinking a setup like the one you describe combined
        with alex's powerline for some good old wake style fun...

        the only problem i see, is that i fly the bombas with just the
        slightest slack in the back lines... this works great with a short
        depower or even the pulley bar(enough slack to let the kite fly, but
        still tight enough to basically fly off the knot), but im not sure
        with a two-line setup; would i have to keep the connection from the
        rear pigtales (as you describe in your setup)really tight to get good
        turnability, and thereby maybe killing off some of the kite's
        potential?

        well, i guess i just have to try it out myself.... by the way, where
        do you guys get bars that are strong enough for two-lining or pullies.
        would the old s-arc bars (without the centerholes) be strong enough?

        man, i just LOVE the simplicity of arcs - makes you want to just play
        around with the setups :-)

        cheers ~ mikkel