Re: jumel's powerline mod - limiter shorter, better highend?

  • Phil Jones
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2005
      i finaly had the chance to fly my p18 with the mod. The wind was
      5mph tops as measured by my meter. It took a long time to get any
      air into the kite and then not enough air for a good launch. It took
      about an hour and a half to finally get it to zenith with pumping
      and running backwards. After finally getting it going, i could see
      the xtra line hanging limp. I was able to back it down into a taco
      and relaunch after adjusting the line--took about 6 times to get it
      right. i don't know that i noticed anything spectacular about the
      flying asa far as speedier turns, ect. But i do know that it
      works! There was barely any pull without the mod but with the mod,
      it would slide me in the sand 3 to 6 feet. I had no problems with
      the line tangling in all my launching and landings to adjust the
      line, which by the way, i attached it to the front line with a
      prussic loop. i metered the wind again when i quit and there was no
      increase. so now i'm waiting for a 10mph day for a good test. any
      ideas as to how it will work in good wind, like in luffing, depower,
      inverting ect?