Re: The ARC v LEI debate

  • arc630and840
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2004
      An ADVANCED kite should be capable of doing all the tricks the guys
      in the worldcup do. I have looked at some reviews in magazines. They
      describe an ADVANCED kite as a kite which handles very fast
      (steering and flying), has a high AR, capable of giving you the
      possibility to jump very high, and are difficult to be controlled by
      intermediate riders or even beginners.

      As an example of the ultimate ADVANCED kite I think that is the X4
      from Naish. Definitely the highest posssible jumps are made with
      this thing. But if you make a mistake you will be beaten to bits by
      this thing.

      You can jump fairly high with Guerillas (high enough for me), you
      can do a lot of tricks with these kites. But they lack in steering
      speed and flying speed (exept GI 10 and GII 9) to do waveriding
      properly and tricks like a donut (kiteloop)

      I like this discussion, but to make sure you get my point: I love
      the Arcs, I love the Guerilla. But in two years my skills are
      getting better and better and now I start to notice the limits of
      this kite. I even thought about buying a LEI as a replacement for
      the bigger sizes. But I do not like the inflated stuff and the
      building quality. And it takes a longer time from the car to the
      water (inflating and stuff)

      I hoped the Phantom would be the ultimate kite, but I read on this
      forum that riders use the Y-mod to get faster turning...same story
      again?

      By the way, I still fly my S-Arc 840 occasionaly. It is much faster
      in flying speed and steering than the G13 and G15. I really do hope
      PL will find the solution that Arcs can steer comparable fast as
      most LEI's of today.