ARC's and SNOWKITING

  • arc_champ
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 12 10:24 PM
      Just wanted to get things rolling with a question I have had for
      some time. Has anyone tried using their ARC in the snow! I am
      curious how launching and relaunching is in the snow, and how
      well the ARC holds up to repeated crashes into the hardpack.

      Thank you

      Zimbutu Kogotuwati
    • shearb71
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 13 5:29 AM
        I have 3 arcs, used them all winter - no problems - great kite for
        the snow. Launching and relaunching is easier than the water. Can't
        say I've ever crashed a kite super hard into hardpack though. One of
        the biggest benefits of this kite in my mind is that it works well
        for snow and water.
        Bruce
        --- In arcusers@y..., "arc_champ" <arckiteboarding@h...> wrote:
        > Just wanted to get things rolling with a question I have had for
        > some time. Has anyone tried using their ARC in the snow! I am
        > curious how launching and relaunching is in the snow, and how
        > well the ARC holds up to repeated crashes into the hardpack.
        >
        > Thank you
        >
        > Zimbutu Kogotuwati
      • arc_champ
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 13 6:59 AM
          Thanks for the reply, Bruce!
          It sounds like the ARC could work well in the snow. I am still
          curious how the ARCs will fair when smacked into the hardpack.
          I suspect it is like crashing into the water at speed. Do you have
          trouble preinflating your ARC in the snow? And is it
          straightforward to downwind launch in the snow? Is snow heavy
          enough to hold the trailing edge down while you prepare to self
          launch downwind?

          Thank You
          Zimbutu Kogotuwati

          --- In arcusers@y..., "shearb71" <cpbs@s...> wrote:
          > I have 3 arcs, used them all winter - no problems - great kite
          for
          > the snow. Launching and relaunching is easier than the
          water. Can't
          > say I've ever crashed a kite super hard into hardpack though.
          One of
          > the biggest benefits of this kite in my mind is that it works well
          > for snow and water.
          > Bruce
          > --- In arcusers@y..., "arc_champ" <arckiteboarding@h...>
          wrote:
          > > Just wanted to get things rolling with a question I have had
          for
          > > some time. Has anyone tried using their ARC in the snow! I
          am
          > > curious how launching and relaunching is in the snow, and
          how
          > > well the ARC holds up to repeated crashes into the
          hardpack.

          > > Thank you
          > >
          > > Zimbutu Kogotuwati
        • shearb71
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 13 9:17 AM
            Snow types can vary so much, I use a 1 litre coke bottle to hold the
            kite down - placed on the inside of the kite on the bottom corner -
            put the kite almost sideways to the wind to launch, with the far
            lines overtop the kite. Preinflate the middle couple cells and away
            you go - launch downwind. When your done throw the bottle in the
            bag. No sticks to carry like most ram air guys.
            Bruce
            --- In arcusers@y..., "arc_champ" <arckiteboarding@h...> wrote:
            > Thanks for the reply, Bruce!
            > It sounds like the ARC could work well in the snow. I am still
            > curious how the ARCs will fair when smacked into the hardpack.
            > I suspect it is like crashing into the water at speed. Do you have
            > trouble preinflating your ARC in the snow? And is it
            > straightforward to downwind launch in the snow? Is snow heavy
            > enough to hold the trailing edge down while you prepare to self
            > launch downwind?
            >
            > Thank You
            > Zimbutu Kogotuwati
            >
            > --- In arcusers@y..., "shearb71" <cpbs@s...> wrote:
            > > I have 3 arcs, used them all winter - no problems - great kite
            > for
            > > the snow. Launching and relaunching is easier than the
            > water. Can't
            > > say I've ever crashed a kite super hard into hardpack though.
            > One of
            > > the biggest benefits of this kite in my mind is that it works
            well
            > > for snow and water.
            > > Bruce
            > > --- In arcusers@y..., "arc_champ" <arckiteboarding@h...>
            > wrote:
            > > > Just wanted to get things rolling with a question I have had
            > for
            > > > some time. Has anyone tried using their ARC in the snow! I
            > am
            > > > curious how launching and relaunching is in the snow, and
            > how
            > > > well the ARC holds up to repeated crashes into the
            > hardpack.
            > > >
            > > > Thank you
            > > >
            > > > Zimbutu Kogotuwati
          • crazykiter
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 21 5:58 AM
              Hi all!

              I kited all winter on snow with my ARCs and the are as perfect on the
              snow as on water!

              If you want proof, look at my album! :

              http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292142801

              bye!
              Luc

            • paullauritz
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 21 3:19 PM
                Hey Nice photos - looks as if it would hurt if you stuffed up..

                Unfortunatley they don't seem to prove Arcs are perfect in snow - you
                could be swinging off a tree for all those photos prove ;)

                ps.I like my Arcs too..

              • crazykiter
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 21 4:57 PM
                  Thanks Paul !

                  You discovered my secret tree from where I'm hanging down ;)

                  These pics are with the 840 and the 630 and yes some landing where
                  hard :) (it was at the beginning of the season and there was only
                  3in. of hard packed snow..)

                  keep on riding!!
                  Luc

                • Kitepower
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 21 5:46 PM
                    I'm with paul I reckon its all faked, you can see that the icicles on the fence are just painted on, its amazing waht you can do with photoshop.
                    Which tree do you prefer you 840 tree or your 630 bush?
                    ;-)

                    Cya and
                    Goodwinds
                    Steve McCormack
                    http://www.kitepower.com.au
                    mailto:sydney@...
                    Open 7 days
                    126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
                    Phone +61293157894

                    You discovered my secret tree from where I'm hanging down ;)

                    These pics are with the 840 and the 630 and yes some landing where
                    hard :) (it was at the beginning of the season and there was only
                    3in. of hard packed snow..)

                    keep on riding!!
                    Luc

                    --- In arcusers@y..., "paullauritz" <Paul@P...> wrote:
                    > Hey Nice photos - looks as if it would hurt if you stuffed
                    up..

                    > Unfortunatley they don't seem to prove Arcs are perfect in
                    snow -
                    you
                    > could be swinging off a tree for all those photos prove
                    ;)

                    > ps.I like my Arcs too..
                    >

                    > --- In arcusers@y..., "crazykiter" <crazykiter@y...> wrote:
                    > > Hi all!
                    > >
                    > > I kited all winter on snow with my ARCs and the are as perfect on
                    > the
                    > > snow as on water!
                    > >
                    > > If you want proof, look at my album! :
                    > >
                    > > http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292142801
                    > >
                    > > bye!
                    > > Luc
                    > >

                    > > --- In arcusers@y..., "shearb71" <cpbs@s...> wrote:
                    > > > Snow types can vary so much, I use a 1 litre coke bottle to
                    hold
                    > > the
                    > > > kite down - placed on the inside of the kite on the bottom
                    > corner -
                    > > > put the kite almost sideways to the wind to launch, with the
                    far
                    > > > lines overtop the kite.  Preinflate the middle couple cells and
                    > > away
                    > > > you go - launch downwind.  When your done throw the bottle in
                    the
                    > > > bag.  No sticks to carry like most ram air guys.
                    > > > Bruce
                    > > have

                    > kite
                    > > > well
                    > had

                  • crazykiter
                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 21 6:26 PM
                      eheheh! I'll try to work a little bit more on those pics..Too much
                      people can see the errors ;)

                      My prefered kite is my 840 tree, really stable and predictible..but I
                      got my highest jumps with the 630 bush...and my 460 is really too
                      scarry fast!

                      As soon as I can sell my F-One 9.0, I will get a 1510 !(or wait a
                      little for the f-arc...)

                      keep on riding!
                      Luc

                    • Kitepower
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 21 7:05 PM
                        We gave away our last 9.0 STW !! It was the worst kite I have ever had to try to get to fly properly!
                        No-one really like to jump with little kites, unless they fly them heaps, even then the risk of injury is high.
                        I would be thinking big arc or just wait and get an F-Arc.

                        href="http://www.kitepower.com.au">http://www.kitepower.com.au

                        mailto:sydney@k...
                        > Open 7 days
                        > 126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney,
                        Australia 2034
                        > Phone +61293157894
                        >
                        > -----Original
                        Message-----
                        February, 2002 11:57 AM
                        > To: arcusers@y...
                        > Subject: [arcusers]
                        Re: ARC's and SNOWKITING

                        > Thanks Paul !
                        >
                        > You discovered my secret tree from where I'm hanging down ;)
                        >
                        > These pics are with the 840 and the 630 and yes some landing
                        where
                        > hard :) (it was at the beginning of the season and there was
                        only
                        > 3in. of hard packed snow..)
                        >
                        > keep on
                        riding!!

                        "paullauritz" <Paul@P...> wrote:
                        > > Hey Nice photos - looks as
                        if it would hurt if you stuffed up..

                        > > Unfortunatley
                        they don't seem to prove Arcs are perfect in snow -
                        > you

                        could be swinging off a tree for all those photos prove ;)

                        > > ps.I like my Arcs too..
                        > >

                        > > --- In arcusers@y..., "crazykiter" <crazykiter@y...> wrote:
                        > > > Hi all!
                        > > >
                        > > > I kited all winter on snow with my ARCs and the are as perfect
                        on
                        > > the
                        > > > snow as on water!
                        > > >
                        > > > If you want proof, look at my album! :
                        > > >
                        > > > http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292142801
                        > > >
                        > > > bye!
                        > > > Luc

                        > hold
                        > > > the
                        > > corner -
                        > far
                        > > > away
                        > the
                        > still
                        > hardpack.
                        > > > have
                        > self

                        > > kite
                        > though.
                        > works
                        > > had

                        >       Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      • loco4viento
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 21 7:37 PM
                          Does the 630 bush have some variant of the old waterfoil valves
                          on it, maybe with a little triangle of velcro or mesh something?

                          I haven't seen this generation of arc yet.

                          John

                          --- In arcusers@y..., "Kitepower" <kitepower@b...> wrote:
                          > Which tree do you prefer you 840 tree or your 630 bush?
                          > ;-)
                        • Kitepower

                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 21 9:39 PM
                              Hello,
                              I am glad to see such a response to my snowkite question! I
                              must take my ARCs up to the snowy meadows and rip it up! I
                              also appreciate how quickly our group has grown and how many
                              of those members are actively posting about their ARCs! I was a
                              little surprised by Mr. McCormack's post below. Up until now we
                              have managed to keep the forum clean, but it appears Mr.
                              McCormack got a little carried away with the slang words! Let us
                              try to keep it clean! No worries, Steve! I believe you to be one of
                              the most skilled and experienced arcusers out there! Thank you
                              guys for telling your ARC buddies about arcusers group!

                              -Zimbutu Kogotuwati

                              --- In arcusers@y..., "Kitepower" <kitepower@b...> wrote:
                              > You need to find a real girl John, I did not realise bush was
                              such an
                              > exciting word!! haven't you fuked the crap out of you waterfoil
                              kite friend
                              > yet??
                              > I was going to say something about kites in trees, but that has
                              to be the
                              > second worst thing that can happen to a kite, the other is
                              tearing in half
                              > in front of your eyes, its just too cruel!
                              >
                              > Cya and
                              > Goodwinds
                              > Steve McCormack
                              > http://www.kitepower.com.au
                              > mailto:sydney@k...
                              > Open 7 days
                              > Phone +61293157894

                              Service.
                            • andres_santacruz
                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 21 10:50 PM
                                Oh please, it's not like anyone on this group is underaged or hasn't
                                used these words before. Come on, they are just words for god's sake!
                                Lighten up
                                Andres

                              • Kitepower
                                Message 15 of 19 , Feb 22 12:51 PM
                                  Thanks for the support Andres, I missed the original post.
                                  Mr Kogotuwati, just exactly what do you think FUKE means?
                                  It is not a spellin error!
                                  ;-)
                                  This group has never been "clean", we are all filthy kiteboarding mongrels!
                                  :-)
                                  Your beliefs about my skills with Arcs are mistaken. I rarely use arcs to
                                  kiteboard, but I do sell them and help the many who seem to find them a
                                  little difficult to get the best performance from, or who have set them up
                                  poorly/unsafely.

                                  Cya and
                                  Goodwinds
                                  Steve McCormack
                                  http://www.kitepower.com.au
                                  mailto:sydney@...
                                  126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
                                  Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
                                  Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
                                  Oh please, it's not like anyone on this group is underaged or hasn't
                                  used these words before. Come on, they are just words for god's sake!
                                  Lighten up
                                  Andres

                                  --- In arcusers@y..., "arc_champ" <arckiteboarding@h...> wrote:
                                  > Hello,
                                  > I am glad to see such a response to my snowkite question! I
                                  > must take my ARCs up to the snowy meadows and rip it up! I
                                  > also appreciate how quickly our group has grown and how many
                                  > of those members are actively posting about their ARCs! I was a
                                  > little surprised by Mr. McCormack's post below. Up until now we
                                  > have managed to keep the forum clean, but it appears Mr.
                                  > McCormack got a little carried away with the slang words! Let us
                                  > try to keep it clean! No worries, Steve! I believe you to be one of
                                  > the most skilled and experienced arcusers out there! Thank you
                                  > guys for telling your ARC buddies about arcusers group!
                                  >
                                  > -Zimbutu Kogotuwati
                                  >
                                  > --- In arcusers@y..., "Kitepower" <kitepower@b...> wrote:
                                  > > You need to find a real girl John, I did not realise bush was
                                  > such an
                                  > > exciting word!! haven't you fuked the crap out of you waterfoil
                                  > kite friend
                                  > > yet??
                                  > > I was going to say something about kites in trees, but that has
                                  > to be the
                                  > > second worst thing that can happen to a kite, the other is
                                  > tearing in half
                                  > > in front of your eyes, its just too cruel!
                                  > >
                                  > > Cya and
                                  > > Goodwinds
                                  > > Steve McCormack
                                  > > http://www.kitepower.com.au
                                  > > mailto:sydney@k...
                                  > > Open 7 days
                                  > > 126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
                                  > > Phone +61293157894

                                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                • arc_champ
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Feb 22 10:45 PM
                                    Hello Steve,
                                    I do not know all words to the English language, and with my
                                    accent my wife was upset when I asked her what it means to
                                    "fuked the crap out of" something! I meant no disrespect and
                                    please accept my appologies. And what is "fuked" anyway?
                                    -Zim

                                    Service.

                                  • darcedarce
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Feb 23 5:23 AM
                                      --- In arcusers@y..., "arc_champ" <arckiteboarding@h...> wrote:
                                      > Hello Steve,
                                      > I do not know all words to the English language, and with my
                                      > accent my wife was upset when I asked her what it means to
                                      > "fuked the crap out of" something! I meant no disrespect and
                                      > please accept my appologies. And what is "fuked" anyway?
                                      > -Zim

                                      yeah, come on Steve, what does Fuke mean? 8O)
                                    • Kitepower
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Feb 23 1:02 PM
                                        It is not an English language word ArcChamp. After I was returned by the
                                        aliens they said to give the human race the word FUKE, so that everyone
                                        would stop saying FUCK so much, they were complaining about being able to
                                        hear it on the radio to much.
                                        Its a slang word means destroyed, stuffed up, hard to do, or undo, you know
                                        its fuked, when you want to say fuck, so just say fuke, just make sure you
                                        ask your wife nicely. ;-)

                                        Cya and
                                        Goodwinds
                                        Steve McCormack
                                        http://www.kitepower.com.au
                                        mailto:sydney@...
                                        126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
                                        Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
                                        Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
                                        I do not know all words to the English language, and with my
                                        accent my wife was upset when I asked her what it means to
                                        "fuked the crap out of" something! I meant no disrespect and
                                        please accept my appologies. And what is "fuked" anyway?
                                        -Zim

                                        --- In arcusers@y..., "Kitepower" <sydney@k...> wrote:
                                        > Thanks for the support Andres, I missed the original post.
                                        > Mr Kogotuwati, just exactly what do you think FUKE means?
                                        > It is not a spellin error!
                                        > ;-)
                                        > This group has never been "clean", we are all filthy
                                        kiteboarding mongrels!
                                        > :-)
                                        > Your beliefs about my skills with Arcs are mistaken. I rarely
                                        use arcs to
                                        > kiteboard, but I do sell them and help the many who seem to
                                        find them a
                                        > little difficult to get the best performance from, or who have set
                                        them up
                                        > poorly/unsafely.
                                        >
                                        > Cya and
                                        > Goodwinds
                                        > Steve McCormack
                                        > http://www.kitepower.com.au
                                        > mailto:sydney@k...
                                        > 126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
                                        > Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
                                        > Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic

                                        Service.

                                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor