paint

  • loohon
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2010
      Sometimes paint is energetically correct; sometimes it ain't.
      It helps protect outdoor items.

      There are 3 paints i've found so far that i like because they seem to take good programs.
      You should get them programmed while drying.
      All are RUSTOLEUM spraypaints.
      Beware their new cans which have lids that are difficult to remove without dislodging or breaking the spray tip. Save your old nozzles and consider not putting the covers back on the cans you use.

      COBALT BLUE Metallic # 7251 is the one i use most.

      METALLIC GOLD # 1910830 i use sometimes. Sometimes i will be guided to layer the gold and blue in a certain order.
      I think it must have a high copper content.
      A pic with the blue and gold is here:
      http://loohan.com/CBblue+gold.jpg

      JOHN DEERE Green # 7435830 is one i have recently started to use on a few things. I suspect it contains copper sulfate.
      A pic with this paint plus the cobalt blue is here:
      http://loohan.com/miniCB.green.jpg

      Another programmable paint worth considering is aluminum paint, available at hardware stores. Somehow i have not used that in years, though.
    • loohon
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2010
        It's not only for surfaces exposed to the elements; its also for internal components.
        I usually paint hardware cloth with blue, sometimes gold, sometimes both.

        I sometimes paint a rock, coil, magnet, etc. that goes into a device.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2010
          Aaactually, i discovered that it is quite easy to remove the can lids if you happen to notice and follow the instructions on the lid.

          Also, be sure to rough up any slick surfaces that you want paint to cling to for long outdoors.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 12, 2011
            Rustoleum "Hammered" Copper paint # 210849
            http://loohan.com/shapes8.11.jpg
            I see i sprayed a bit uneven on the ball.

            This stuff seems to have a lot of copper in it. I noticed it at Wal-Mart, which also carries the Cobalt paint much cheaper than what i've been special-ordering it for from the local hardware store.
            (Always looking for a chance to plug Walmart.)

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 13, 2012
              http://loohan.com/StonedPig.jpg
              Rustoleum "238321 AA STONE MINERAL BROWN"
              lends texture and has something programmable in it, iron oxide maybe.
              Hides minor cosmetic flaws.
              This is my formerly chrome pig.