Re: [arcology] Re: Digest Number 34

  • Alan Grimes
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 2000
      shipsky@... wrote:

      > EPA now has a program called "Liveable Cities" which promotes, in a
      > non-draconian manner, exactly this. Namely further development in
      >centers already having infrastructure, and which allow use of public
      >transit. The program explicitly discourages development of greenfields
      >and suburban sprawl. Contact EPA about getting a grant to promote this
      >program where you live.

      Yuck! Government money is filthy because it has been ripped from the hands
      of under-represented citizens by barely legal or even illegal means and
      always comes with strings attached. =((((

      --
      If your computer doesn't have an off switch; panic.
      http://users.erols.com/alangrimes/
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 12, 2000
        shipsky@... wrote:

        > EPA now has a program called "Liveable Cities" which promotes, in a...

        I'm ignorant. What's "EPA" ?
      • Alan Grimes
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 12, 2000
          > > EPA now has a program called "Liveable Cities" which promotes, in a...
          >
          > I'm ignorant. What's "EPA" ?

          www.epa.gov
          A tyranical beurocracy which unconstitutionally legislates opressive
          regulations and makes poor engineering decisions and inflicts them on
          innocent companies... =\

          --
          If your computer doesn't have an off switch; panic.
          http://users.erols.com/alangrimes/
        • Louis Dallara
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 12, 2000
                      Environmental protection agency