seeking workshop presenters

  • aeonarc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2010
      Attention musicians, workshop presenters, and vendors! Faerie Hill Productions of Bedford, Indiana is currently booking acts, performances, and workshops/discussion circles for the following ANDOR PROJEX*** benefit festival in 2011, to be located at the Black Swan Lake campgrounds in Southern Indiana:
      LADY LIBERTY FAIR - June 16-18, 2011

      Attention musicians (country, blues, bluegrass, folk) and workshop presenters (sustainable systems, alternative healthcare) - We are currently booking 1 hour band sets for the Lady Liberty Fair. Bands (musicians only, not roadies) get in free and are paid $100/band traveling expenses (not a lot of cash but plenty of exposure). Single musicians get in free and are paid $50 in exchange for a 1 hour set. Workshop presenters get in free in exchange for holding 2, 1 hour workshops and/or discussion circles. Bands, artists, and workshop presenters may set up vending tables and may arrive the day before the festival begins. We are booking 10 bands/single musicians and are open to as many workshops as the schedule will allow.

      Here is the basic festival info:

      June 16-18, 2011 - Lady Liberty Fair - country blues and sustainable folk festival - all-age family camping celebration - 3 days and 2 nights of demonstrations and discussions about solar/wind power, workshops on community supported agriculture, backyard aquaculture, organic gardening, permaculture, and natural healthcare - arts & crafts vendors & workshops - acoustic and electric stages for blues, bluegrass, country, and folk music - adults: $45 (advance tickets) or $60 at the gate - single day (no camping) passes: $20 - children 17 and younger are free of charge if accompanied by parent or guardian
      Here is info about the site:

      Black Swan Lake is a large alternative campground with 2 stocked fishing lakes (no swimming), a round house where Native American ceremonies have taken place, several roofed gazebos, one large open space for the main circle (where the electric stage is set up and the evening jam happens), surrounded by plenty of RV/van/camper space with water and electric hook-ups ($5/day for electric), two wooded tent camping areas, showers and privies, large air-conditioned community building with a stage for acoustic music, and a restaurant/concessions building (3 meals a day). Black Swan Lake has a great vibe and can easily host a large fest (up to 2000 people). No problem with drumming and jamming all night long and celebrating nature without harassment. Anyone may vend arts & crafts (no food vending) without paying anything more than the standard festival ticket price. There is plenty of clean well water (the best in the area) and ice made from that water is available. The owners are into earth-based spirituality, organic gardening, and sustainable living. Recycling and composting are on site. Bring eating utensils that you can wash (dishwashing stations available). Take your trash home with you. Don't throw cig butts on the ground. Due to the Emerald Ash Borer we are asking you not to bring firewood from home. Firewood is for sale on site. No pets (except registered seeing eye dogs), firearms, violence, drug or alcohol abuse allowed. Please don't use blinding gas lanterns for night light (ruins night vision). The festival site is located 5 minutes off the scenic and historical highway: US-50, about 15 miles east of Bedford, Indiana in the Clear Springs area. A map will be sent with your ticket.

      If you are interested in performing, presenting, or vending email ASAP with links to your online music, bio, workshop outline, etc. Hardcopy may be sent to Faerie Hill Productions - PO Box 2055, Bedford, Indiana 47421. Include WHY you think you should play/present/vend at this festival. 25% of the gross is being donated to the ANDOR PROJEX "ecovillages land fund" so that they can build sustainable communities instead of suburbs and burnt out cityscapes. As we all know, Mother Earth is in dire need of a rebirth. We're just doing our part together - for the good of the whole.

      Terry Kok
      jdragon@...

      Also: If you haven't done so already, send a blank email to aeonlaunch@... so that you are on the festival update list.

      *** ANDOR PROJEX: Do you really want to help humanity evolve and heal the planet in the process? Can you visualize yourself working side-by-side in a greater organism designed to accomplish a specific goal: providing people with an opportunity to have a personal source of non-polluting energy, clean water, fresh air, wholesome food, waste treatment & resource recovery - without destroying the planet in the process? How would you like to be an essential part of co-creating a "public demonstration project" embodying the above, set within a full-scale ecovillage and "sustainable living training center" operated as an "education-based performance arts center"? This will be a "propagator sanctuary", designed to not only demonstrate sustainable systems and teach people how to build and use them, but also to raise huge sums of money to pay for the creation of another "propagator sanctuary" then a series of ecovillages inhabited by the graduates of our hands-on education program. Each propagator sanctuary creates another before funding more ecovillages. We hope to see a "propagator sanctuary" located in every bioregion.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecovillage
      http://gen.ecovillage.org/