New SafetySpan website as we near release

  • Douglas
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20, 2010
      SafetySpan is finally nearing the end of our product testing and we hope to start erecting sustainable, earthquake resistant buildings as soon as next spring!

      In case you haven't heard of us yet, the SafetySpan building system lets builders erect structures that are as strong and durable as reinforced concrete at half the weight and with one third the environmental impact.

      This means a SafetySpan building is inherently safer and more sustainable than a conventional building. But, more importantly to this forum, the standardized, extensible components of the system also ensure that a SafetySpan building can grow and change over time, adapting to the changing needs of its tenants.

      In short SafetySpan buildings can grow, shrink, change, or even be repaired or improved on at a component level, making it the ideal building system for Arcologies and sub-Arcological structures!

      Come check us out at our new website (www.safetyspan.com) and follow our progress on Twitter!

      Doug Leonardi, President
      SafetySpan, Inc.
      Rebuilding the Building Industry from the Floor Up!
    • Daniel DeLorme
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2010
        I haven't been paying attention to this list for a long time, but I
        found this announcement really exciting! Major props to you for actually
        putting in the work to make the dream a reality. I don't know if I'll
        ever be in a position to support your work, but if I am... my money is
        yours! :-)

        Daniel

        Douglas wrote:

        > SafetySpan is finally nearing the end of our product testing and we hope
        > to start erecting sustainable, earthquake resistant buildings as soon as
        > next spring!
        >
        > In case you haven't heard of us yet, the SafetySpan building system lets
        > builders erect structures that are as strong and durable as reinforced
        > concrete at half the weight and with one third the environmental impact.
        >
        > This means a SafetySpan building is inherently safer and more
        > sustainable than a conventional building. But, more importantly to this
        > forum, the standardized, extensible components of the system also ensure
        > that a SafetySpan building can grow and change over time, adapting to
        > the changing needs of its tenants.
        >
        > In short SafetySpan buildings can grow, shrink, change, or even be
        > repaired or improved on at a component level, making it the ideal
        > building system for Arcologies and sub-Arcological structures!
        >
        > Come check us out at our new website (www.safetyspan.com) and follow our
        > progress on Twitter!
        >
        > Doug Leonardi, President
        > SafetySpan, Inc.
        > Rebuilding the Building Industry from the Floor Up!
      • Jeff Buderer
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6 5:10 AM
          Doug,

          Well check this out. It reminds me of Pliny Fisk's work at the Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems.

          Any way we could demo the technology at Arcosanti?

          Jeff Buderer
          Arcosanti