Workshop on vault construction on compressed earth bricks

  • Franz Nahrada
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2009
      Marcin Jakubowski, Doctor of Physics, is a revolutionary thinker and doer
      who believes we can create the basics of sustainable community building by
      altering our technological base and inventing toold and structures that
      can be easily reproduced.

      He has the ambitions goal of creating around 40 key technologies for
      agriculture, housing and production that are built without hidden traps
      and dependencies built oin by for-profit motives, but fully documented and
      even reproduceable by the means of a small community and totally Sopen
      Source.

      Nevertheless these technologis should be highly efficient, work with local
      resources and produce sustainable results. They shoulkd be modular,
      combineable and multipurpose. Global exchange of knowledge should lead to
      optimum structure of locality (Global Villages)

      Key elements in the early phase are now the Open Source Tractor, the
      Compressed Earth Block Brick Building Machine ad soon the Solar
      concentrator.

      Marcin is located on a Farm called Factor E Farm near Cameron, Missouri.
      (1 hour from Kansas City)

      Marcin has visited Austria several times and I am happy to announce this
      also has led to a workshop on construction of buildings with vaults based
      on earth bricks.

      I am happy, that after Arcosanti there is another place in the USA who
      aims at aesthetics and sustainability in the sphere of housing and creates
      a mental bridge between Europe and America physically manifested.

      please have a look at this announcement:

      http://openfarmtech.org/weblog/?p=931

      I appreciate if you spread this information widely. very widely!

      Franz Nahrada
      Global Villages Network - Vienna Node