## Solving Energy Problems With Conservation ##

  • eddenergi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2009

      Many suggestions are circulating on ways to save gasoline through conservation. Some people have had the nerve to actually favor ideas like Detroit Democrat Dingle's fifty cents excise tax on every gallon of gasoline. That surprises me but I guess that it makes more sense to some than to others. If you talk to a construction worker driving a work truck loaded with equipment who has to get 14 MPG with that rig or else be out on the street then he would certainly be hurt greatly by such a surcharge or

      Visit Solving Energy Problems  right now !

    • Greg Pettengill
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2009
        Dear Eddenergi,

        As it appears to me, many people are vastly underestimating the enormity and complexity of the energy crisis as well as the economic crisis.   To have any real, positive impact on either of these, it would require equally enormous changes in peoples lives that very few would be willing or even able to do.
        i. e. To be sustainable with 7+ billion people in the world, no one could drive cars.

        IMHO
        What is most likely to happen, is that we will continue on the course of environmental degradation we are on and if we make it to 2050 it will be astounding, but not pretty.

        Best Regards
        Greg Pettengill