Ecocity Conference San Francisco April 22 to 27.--anyone going? Maybe a meet up with Paolo

  • anne tonks
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
      Hi

      I am going to the Ecocity Conference in San Francisco.

      And Paolo is speaking on saturday the 26th--and maybe
      doing something in the afternoon as well.

      Check it out at
      http://www.ecocityworldsummit.org/index2.htm

      I understand that Richard Register who is also
      featured on the opening page is an alum of Arcosanti.

      George Kosmides and I met in Baltimore about an
      ongoing project he is doing which is a new arcosanti
      alumni website.

      He siggested we try and get an alumni group together
      in San franciswco.

      I have been in touch with Mary Hoadley about
      scheduling a time in Paolo's schedule to do this.

      She thinks it is a good idea, SO EARLY NEXT WEEK WE
      HOPE TO KNOW WHEN WE MIGHT HAVE AN ALUMNI MEET UP WITH
      PAOLO IN SAN FRANCISCO.

      But in the meantime, save the date of either thursday
      the 24th or saturday the 26th, likely late afternoon
      or early evening.

      I would like to hear form anyone going to the
      conference AND OR WHO LIVE IN THE BAY AREA about any
      ideas you might have for place of meeting and or if
      you would likely be able to join a gathering.

      Anne

    • Dashiell Merrick-Kamm
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7, 2008
        I live here in San Francisco, and would love to go to an Arcosanti Reunion. Lemme know.

        Unruly Roars,
        Dashiell Merrick-Kamm

        To: arcology@yahoogroups.com
        From: annetonks@...
        Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:42:10 -0700
        Subject: [arcology] Ecocity Conference San Francisco April 22 to 27.--anyone going? Maybe a meet up with Paolo

        --- Louis Dallara <ldallara@louisdalla ra.com> wrote:

        > February 5, 2008 Following on from last year's
        > announcement of plans
        > to create the world's first world's first zero
        > carbon, zero waste city
        > as part of the Masdar Initiative, the Abu Dhabi
        > government has
        > committed a US$15 billion to help explore, develop
        > and commercialize
        > clean energy sources.
        >
        > The multi billion dollar investment by the Abu Dhabi
        > government makes
        > it the most ambitious sustainability program ever
        > launched by any
        > government. The initial $15 billion will fund
        > projects targeting
        > solar, wind and hydrogen power; carbon reduction and
        > management;
        > sustainable development; education; manufacturing;
        > and research and
        > development.
        >
        > The investment will be channeled through the Masdar
        > Initiative or Abu
        > Dhabi Future Energy Corporation, a global
        > cooperative platform that
        > seeks to find solutions to energy security, climate
        > change and
        > sustainable human development. The organization will
        > leverage the
        > funds with joint ventures and other investment
        > partners for a grand
        > portfolio many times larger, comprised of projects
        > in Abu Dhabi, the
        > MENA region and globally.
        >
        > The group has already made significant steps forward
        > in making Abu
        > Dhabi the global center for future energy since its
        > inception in 2006.
        > Several key projects have been initiated including
        > the Masdar Clean
        > Technology Fund dedicated to advancing renewable
        > energy and
        > sustainable technologies. This month the group is
        > scheduled to break
        > ground on the world's first zero -carbon,
        > zero-waste, car-free city.
        > The city, which will grow to 1,500 businesses and
        > 50,000 residents
        > when completed in 2016, will be home to
        > international business and top
        > minds in the field of sustainable and alternative
        > energy.

      • George Kosmides
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7, 2008

          We’ll keep everyone posted. Stay tuned.