Funding of Ambitious Projects Like Arcologies

  • plalmond
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2006
      It seems to me that the main problem with an ambitious concept like
      an arcology is that ambitious projects like this tend to fail due to
      lack of funding. This is a self-fulfilling prophecy as the
      expectation that investment won't be forthcoming makes it risky to
      invest first - meaning that nobody invests.

      Everyone knows this is the fate of most ambitious projects - and
      this causes it to be the fate. There is an inbuilt tendency for
      ambitous projects to fail for financial reasons.

      I have given some consideration to this. Although this is not
      specific to arcologies I think it is still highly relevant as no
      funding = no arcologies.

      I have an article here:

      http://www.paul-almond.com/FundingOfAmbitiousProjects.htm

      or, if you prefer PDF format, here: