RE: [arcology] Digest Number 542

  • jeff buderer
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      It is broke and it needs fixin! I nod in agreement in regards to what
      Franz says because I was thinking about the massive erosion control
      problem around site which is pretty obvious if you have been there
      lately and it has become a signifcant land use issue that needs
      attention. These lands which probably amount to only a few acres need a
      permacultural loving hand to restore them back to health.

      Jeff

      "Rich open space." There is a saying.....'if it aint
      broken, don't fix it'... The environs around Arcosanti
      are in their NATURAL state, 'ceptin for the
      bottomlands along the Agua Fria. Arcosanti doesn't
      need to be sitting in a Calvert Vaux contrivance;
      heck, if anything, the project takes on more
      importance due to the marked contrast between it and
      the surrounding landscape. Now there may be places
      where an arcology surrounded by richly growing
      agriculture would make sense....I can think of the
      'cornbelt' or the Sacramento Valley, for example.
      And by the way...if I am not mistaken, there are
      archelogically significant sites close to Arcosanti.
      Any landscape-enhancing projects might disturb these
      sites......for us as well as 'future generations.'

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

      Site of the month. The 500 year Town. L. Gene Zellmer 1998
      http://www.www60829.w1.com/

      *

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/