Re: [arcology] Digest Number 518

  • rhkratzse@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
      Ronald, I think most of us will agree with your comments, even if we only
      view Arcosanti as an experiment to show one possible alternative to our present
      American city forms.

      The problem is, as it always is, where/how do we go from here? Soleri's
      trying one possibility, and has been for 30+ years. Richard Register has been
      trying another possibility--"working within the system"--for about as long. The
      rest of us haven't been doing much except talk, with possibly a few months or
      years helping Paolo.

      Please don't get me wrong. I'm not criticizing you at all. I'm just
      pointing out that "actions speak louder than words," and it's always been difficult
      to get adequate action. The maximum I saw during my tenure there was 50-person
      workshops, which really accomplished a lot. Generally I think they've been
      smaller.

      I want to thank you for identifying yourself, as VERY FEW people do. Most
      people either assume they're so famous that their nickname identifies them to
      the whole world, or they prefer to remain semi-anonymous so they don't have to
      take responsibility for their shoot-from-the-hip comments.

      Thanks.

      Ralph Hueston Kratz
      Structural Engineer
      Richmond CA USA

      In a message dated 10/31/03 8:35:51 PM, unno_2002@... writes:

      << I find it sad, and disappointing, that Arcosanti, or
      something like it, is not already completed.

      The current approach to civilization is not
      sustainable. Humanity needs something that is.
      =====
      Ronald Frederick Greek
      Yuma, Arizona, USA
      Attorney at Law >>