Help for an Arcology project

  • dancerchick1301
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
      Hello, I am a highschool sophomore doing a very complex Science
      project, on one of my interests. The title is "Arcology: Solutions
      for Urban Sprawls and Alternate energy sources. The trouble is, one
      of the requirements is an experiment. I was worried that I would not
      be able to come up with a do-able experiment testing the principles
      of arcology. Do any of you know of a experiment like this? If you
      could help me in any way, please contact me at
      dancerchick1301@...

      Thanks a bunch! I hope I hear from someone soon.
    • George Kosmides
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
        The project sounds interesting. Arcology is extremely broad. Arcosanti has
        been set up as a prototype arcology and "urban laboratory" and has been at
        it for over 30 years. The only things I can think of have to do with doing a
        side-by-side comparison of "flat sprawled cities" with a theoretical
        arcology, and analyze the potential energy, time, and other resource
        savings.

        -George

        Hello, I am a highschool sophomore doing a very complex Science
        project, on one of my interests. The title is "Arcology: Solutions
        for Urban Sprawls and Alternate energy sources. The trouble is, one
        of the requirements is an experiment. I was worried that I would not
        be able to come up with a do-able experiment testing the principles
        of arcology. Do any of you know of a experiment like this? If you
        could help me in any way, please contact me at
        dancerchick1301@...

        Thanks a bunch! I hope I hear from someone soon.

        Site of the month. The 500 year Town. L. Gene Zellmer 1998
        http://www.www60829.w1.com/

        *