Hello, I'm new

  • Sci
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2002
      Hi, my name's Peter, but most of my friends call me Sci these days. I've
      only just started finding out about Arcologys, but find them fascinating in
      their theory and use. They even run over into my other interests of
      mega-scale-engineering to a degree and space exploration/colonisation.

      So, hi there to you all, and a question.
      To all those I have told of arcologys so far, they all imediatly point to
      the problem of individuality. People like change, difference, etc. They
      all seem very worried of a loss of individuality, specificly relating to
      their accomodation. Is this really a worry they all might live in similer
      places (which I sure with enough free space left around basic housing units,
      could be easily circumvented), or a genuine fear of being part of something
      larger than the individual (a product of the modern society?).

      All my best,

      Sci