2206Re:[arcology] Size requirements

  • keramfamily@juno.com
    Jan 12, 2003
      Randall and Eric,
      as i understand it, Soleri/Arcosanti is focusing on minimal space requirements/needs (those claustrophic 8 by 8 by 8 cubes) for residents and the community as a whole......What would be the standard for the arcology proposed? Would 1500 square feet for a family of four be considered a standard? Then what about public space: schools, governement offices, community rooms, libraries? And of course, commercial and industrial space; do the planners (I guess that would be some of us here) wish to set up certain requirements/codes for businesses to adhere to so as to use as minimal amount of space as possible? Thoughts? Perhaps I am projecting my own assumptions that a sprawling arcology would be self-defeating.....and therefore worth avoiding.

      Thoughts?

      Dan Keram
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic