      From: dougleonardi <dleonardi@...> [mailto:dleonardi@...]
      Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 10:36 AM
      To: arcology@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [arcology] Re: Initiative

      > Where has all the initiative gone? No one has posted in days, and
      > even at that, there are hardly any posts at all.

      Well, between the holidays, family business, and catching
      up/stockpiling up of work (the kind one is paid for, by an employer)
      I have been kinda swamped. I assume the same of most people.

      I certainly wouldn't draw any conclussions of abandonment from this.
      I think a good amount of progress has been made, and is being made.
      But not all progress is visible.

      We now have articulated clearer positions on economics and philosophy
      regarding arcology as a real world project. I consider these a big
      plus, since a well defined goal is the best tool a project can have.

      We have feedback to review and discuss regarding web design and
      content. We have a web designer offering time.

      We briefly explored the idea of a computer simulation of arcology as
      both a design and marketing tool, and while it may not make sense now
      with our resoources, it will certainly be a valuable tool in the near
      future.

      I think there's some progress here. Certainly enough to warrant
      staying on. But as Dan says, if you have other interests, by all
      means pursue them. This is not a hobby for me. It's a career.

      Doug

      > I don't mean to sound rude, and pardon my bluntness, but unless
      > anyone is serious about any of this, then I'll find other groups &
      > hobbies to involve myself with.

      Site of the month. The 500 year Town. L. Gene Zellmer 1998
      http://www.www60829.w1.com/

      *