Re: Please help!!!

  • wideasleep1
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
      Assuming your past warranty, remove the drive and hook it up to your
      computer (with a 2.5 to 3.5 drive connector)and let your PC detect it
      (may need to enable autodetect in your bios)and run scandisk. It
      won't boot since there's errors on the drive, and the .mod file not
      showing is a symptom of this, IMHO. If Scandisk repairs, it'll tell
      you if it 'deletes' sectors damaged by the hard-error(the drop). If
      scandisk doesn't complete, I'm afraid the drive is toast :( .
      However, you've got the JB open, so slap a bigger drive in :) .

      --- In archosjukebox6000@y..., "zasylum21" <Nitephom21@a...> wrote:
      > Hi, the other day I accidentally dropped my Archos Jukebox 6K on
      the
      > ground. When I tried turning it back on, it gave me a screen that
      > said "Part. Error Check Hard Disk." When I tried to turn it on
      > again, it would just stay at the start up screen which says Archos
      > Ver: 4.53 and stay there. I can hear clicking inside the Archos.
      > When I tried plugging it into my comp, it would just freeze the
      comp
      > until I unplug it. Is there anything I can do to fix this???
      Please
      > help!
    • L.Berube
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2002
        i had this problem once......i dropped it bout four feet to a carpeted floor...........after that.......bad sectors...fouling out..just going right down hill....i had to return it. for some reason if you drop the thing it craps out on you forever.
        Assuming your past warranty, remove the drive and hook it up to your
        computer (with a 2.5 to 3.5 drive connector)and let your PC detect it
        (may need to enable autodetect in your bios)and run scandisk. It
        won't boot since there's errors on the drive, and the .mod file not
        showing is a symptom of this, IMHO. If Scandisk repairs, it'll tell
        you if it 'deletes' sectors damaged by the hard-error(the drop). If
        scandisk doesn't complete, I'm afraid the drive is toast :(  .
        However, you've got the JB open, so slap a bigger drive in  :)  .

        --- In archosjukebox6000@y..., "zasylum21" <Nitephom21@a...> wrote:
        > Hi, the other day I accidentally dropped my Archos Jukebox 6K on
        the
        > ground.  When I tried turning it back on, it gave me a screen that
        > said "Part. Error Check Hard Disk."  When I tried to turn it on
        > again, it would just stay at the start up screen which says Archos
        > Ver: 4.53 and stay there.  I can hear clicking inside the Archos.
        > When I tried plugging it into my comp, it would just freeze the
        comp
        > until I unplug it.  Is there anything I can do to fix this???
        Please
        > help!

        ---