Re: [archosjukebox6000] Battery Level Indicator

  • Leon Berube
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 24, 2000
      yes you do charge it with the power off...what i actually did was go to
      radio shack for replacement rechargable batteries. i purchased extended use
      ones that are 1600 millamps not the 1400 that the ones archos gives to us.

      as for the battery indicator yes i think that its does flucuate a bit a
      times but what can you do?

      lee

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 25, 2000
          jeff,

          first off Merry Christmas......now i firmly understand how you feel about
          this product and i in ways agree with you.
          i have posted a letter on the egroup that i sent to archos on friday on
          behalf of the users of the jukebox6000 stating that we wanted a prompt
          service to be performed here with the bugs in the product. 1. either a
          recall of the product or firmware upgrades to fix it or 2. we were going
          to get the better business bureau involved. i feel that the more that people
          write to them with their dissatifaction and threats of the consumer service
          and better business bureau that then they wont take this so lightly.
          im willing to fight them on behalf of myself and others to satisfy this
          problem that we are having with the jukebox6000 because im not exactly rich
          either to fork out 350 for an mp3 player to rollerblade with. i had to save
          just like the majority of you out there to get it and like others am
          disappointed with the results. not fully but less then satisfied.

          in conclusion.....you have 90 days to evaluate it and if in the 90 days you
          still feel the same way then so be it......get a different player and move
          on....but im hoping that within the 90 days archos comes up with a solution
          and if not then i can deal with the few flaws that i experience...and i
          chalk it up to live and learn.

          Lee

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 25, 2000
            thanks for the reply regarding the battery level indicator...however, I'm very unhappy with the likelihood of ever receiving support for this product..the company never answers emails or their phone, and the manual was simply horrendous, and the driver software isn't even available on their website yet. This does not bode well for long term support. The price was right, however, I'm seriously considering returning it unless they prove a committment to fixing the many substantial bugs with the product.

            anyhow, thanks again.

            -Jeff

            > I got my Jukebox 6000 a night ago, I charged the battery for 10
            > hours. The next day I played some songs on it (maybe 20 minutes),
            > and the battery level is already down to 1-tick..sometimes it shows 2-
            > ticks, sometimes no-ticks ? What's up ?? Does the battery indicator
            > actually work or is another one of the many bugs in it ??
            >
            > Also, you DO charge it with the power OFF right ??????
            >
            > -Jeff

            FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
          • Lee Berube
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 26, 2000
              that sounds like a good idea jeff......im hoping that archos does realize
              peoples grievances and more of us write to them with our problems. for now
              if i were you i would go with the sensory science 3200 mp3 player. its just
              as good as jukebox only it doesnt have the capacity and hopefully the bugs.

              Lee

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 26, 2000
                  Thanks for the tip, I'll check out the Sensory Science player...tho of course, in like 2 months I'm sure they'll have 30gig portable players or something! :)

                  -Jeff