Warranty Question! All read!!!!

  • assassin56
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2001
      In the archos booklet, it says

      Warranty does not apply to:

       Damage or problems resulting from misuse, abuse, accident, alteration or incorrect electrical current or voltage

      So how is one suppose to exchange his or hers if one's AJB6000 is broken from accidental reasons?

      My archos is damaged, and I need to exchange mines. When you all exchanged yours, what were YOUR reasons for exchanging them and what did you tell the techincal support person?

    • Jose M. Sanchez
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2001
        Message
        This is normally referred to as a Non-warranty repair.

        You (normally) get billed for time and materials.

        Most manufacturers merely give you a new unit and throw the old one into the "recycle" bin, then charge you a reduced fee.

        -JMS