has any one tried "Data recovery solution for your Archos Jukebox"

  • daltx752
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2007
      this is a product i just found online...has anyone used this?

      http://www.newmp3technology.com/enc.htm

      i need my old tunes!
    • Stu Boy
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11, 2007
        for a 6000 any 2.5 inch drive enclosure should do check out ebuyer

        http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/129009
        £5.87 inc Vat!
        Think you can get em in the states too :-)

        this is a product i just found online...has anyone used this?

        http://www.newmp3te chnology. com/enc.htm

        i need my old tunes!

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;}
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;}
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;}
        #ygrp-actbar{
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        #ygrp-ft{
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;}

        #ygrp-vital{
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-vital a {
        text-decoration:none;}

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;font-size:77%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;}
        o {font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal {
        margin:0 0 0 0;}
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;}
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq {margin:4;}
        -->

      • James Stewart
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11, 2007
          There are other possibilities too.

          1) For less money you can get a "bare" USB to drive adapter that
          doesn't include a case. I recently bought one of these things
          ("XTATIX Portadrive", in my case) new off Ebay for about $15 or so. I
          find I use it all the time to deal with all the various hard drives I
          have laying around. The one I bought supports 3.5", 2.5" and SATA
          drives, but your computer must have enough power to run the 2.5"
          drives from the USB port. A lot of laptops don't supply enough power
          for this.

          2) For even less money you can buy a 2.5" to 3.5" drive adapter which
          usually includes a small cable and some metal rails to fit the drive
          in a PC's 3.5" drive bay and connect an old-style Parallel ATA cable
          to it. I bought one of these things years ago for about $6.

          So what happened to you Archos JB anyway? (and what model is it just
          in case it might be repairable).

          --- In archosjukebox6000@yahoogroups.com, "daltx752" <daltx752@...> wrote:

          > this is a product i just found online...has anyone used this?
          >
          > http://www.newmp3technology.com/enc.htm
          >
          > i need my old tunes!

        • Jim C
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 12, 2007
            Here is a drive enclousure for aBOUT $10.

            http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Xtatix-Portadrive-2.5-inch-Silver-Hard-Drive-Enclosure/2497698/product.html?IID=prod2497698

            --- James Stewart <wartstew@...> wrote:

            > There are other possibilities too.
            >
            > 1) For less money you can get a "bare" USB to drive adapter that
            > doesn't include a case. I recently bought one of these things
            > ("XTATIX Portadrive", in my case) new off Ebay for about $15 or so.
            > find I use it all the time to deal with all the various hard drives I
            > have laying around. The one I bought supports 3.5", 2.5" and SATA
            > drives, but your computer must have enough power to run the 2.5"
            > drives from the USB port. A lot of laptops don't supply enough power
            > for this.
            >
            > 2) For even less money you can buy a 2.5" to 3.5" drive adapter which
            > usually includes a small cable and some metal rails to fit the drive
            > in a PC's 3.5" drive bay and connect an old-style Parallel ATA cable
            > to it. I bought one of these things years ago for about $6.
            >
            > So what happened to you Archos JB anyway? (and what model is it just
            > in case it might be repairable).
            >
            > --- In archosjukebox6000@yahoogroups.com, "daltx752" <daltx752@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > this is a product i just found online...has anyone used this?
            > >
            > > http://www.newmp3technology.com/enc.htm
            > >
            > > i need my old tunes!

            Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
            http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222