Converting mp3 bitrates

  • Joseph McLaughlin
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
      I have mp3 recorded at 128 on my pc - I would like to convert them down to 64 on my archos.
      It is either that or buy a new (larger) hard drive. (or go without all my tunes)
      Any help is appreciated.

      Thanks

      Joe

    • wideasleep1
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
        Try Mediamonkey->Tools->Convert Audio Format. G'Luck!

        --- In archosjukebox6000@yahoogroups.com, Joseph McLaughlin
        <jwm8351@...> wrote:

        > I have mp3 recorded at 128 on my pc - I would like to convert them
        down to 64 on my archos.
        > It is either that or buy a new (larger) hard drive. (or go without
        all my tunes)
        > Any help is appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Joe

      • Hans-Werner Neumann
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
          I wouldn't convert them down to 64 kBit/s as - in my view - 128 kBit/s is
          the lowest acceptable rate for music. On the other hand it's rather easy to
          put a bigger harddrive in your box. If you need some hints on that look
          here:

          http://www.mctubster.com/

          Good luck
          Hans-Werner

          >I have mp3 recorded at 128 on my pc - I would like to convert them down to
          >64 on my archos.
          > It is either that or buy a new (larger) hard drive. (or go without all my
          > tunes)
          > Any help is appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Joe

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • gofurygo2001
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 11, 2006
            Agreeing with Hans-Werner here... 128 kBit/s already sounds bad
            sometimes... don't convert it down to 64 but get a bigger drive. The
            link by Hans-Werner shows exactly how to take your Archos apart and
            how to upgrade the drive.

            Fury

            --- In archosjukebox6000@yahoogroups.com, "Hans-Werner Neumann"